Whats your playing styles, is this for home use or gigging, and can you strtch your budget at all.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

get a line 6 spider II or III 30watt (159$)
i have a 75 watt spider III(which has more features than the 30 watt or spider II)
search for line 6 and look at their website

EDIT: http://line6.com/spideriii30/
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Last edited by GmacD at Sep 1, 2008,
Quote by GmacD
get a line 6 spider II or III 30watt (159$)
i have a 75 watt spider III(which has more features than the 30 watt or spider II)
search for line 6 and look at their website

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!! if you're gonna suggest a modeler at least suggest a good one like a Roland Cube 30.
Bigal, what major city do you live near? We can't help you if you don't answer posts. You can find decent stuff used in different locations, but not knowing where you are kinda makes this thread useless to both you and us.
Quote by ortrigger
NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!! if you're gonna suggest a modeler at least suggest a good one like a Roland Cube 30.

well go with which ever one is cheaper but i prefer spiders to cubes (because of the presets mostly)
Quote by Deliriumbassist

the spider is a hundred dollars cheaper than the cube
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Quote by GmacD

And it sounds 100 dollars worse. Not only that, but they are unreliable too.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by GmacD

Yeah, but money buys tone in this instance and plenty of others.
The spider is an absolutely horrible amp.
Peavey Vypyr.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-482910-i1413607.gc

Much better than the spider. I've never played one, but I've heard decent things about them.
The cube is a good idea too.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
might I suggest a Vox modeling amp? I forgot the model number.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
might I suggest a Vox modeling amp? I forgot the model number.

the Valvetronix series?
Quote by ortrigger
the Valvetronix series?

yeah, those are the ones.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
i think the 30W version is about 250 USD. i don't remember for sure though. they are a hybrid amp so they would be louder than a 30W SS amp, such as the Cube, too.
Quote by ortrigger
i think the 30W version is about 250 USD. i don't remember for sure though. they are a hybrid amp so they would be louder than a 30W SS amp, such as the Cube, too.

No, they have a solid state power section so they're not gonna be any louder. The tube is more of a gimmick than anything. For all intents and purposes it's a solid state amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
i'm going to wait until the guy answers a couple of questions.

style of play.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Kevin Saale
No, they have a solid state power section so they're not gonna be any louder. The tube is more of a gimmick than anything. For all intents and purposes it's a solid state amp.

somehow i doubt that. my 12W hybrid with an 8" speaker is louder than my old 15W that had a 12" speaker.
Quote by Kevin Saale

The tube does a bit of good, but only because the preamp tube is used in the poweramp in conjunction with SS parts. It gives a bit better sound. Hybrids are gimmicks when they only preamp tubes in the preamp though,