Anybody got any tips on how to play celtic/medieval music on an acoustic? I've thinking scales/chords that kind of thing, thanks a lot in advance.
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

The DADGAD is a popular tuning. But Id be willing to go out on a limb and say Drop D is more popular. Standard is also used a lot as well. Try some books by Glenn Weiser for some great Celtic Music. I only have one of his books, Celtic Guitar, which is just songs.I am not sure how in-depth he goes into teaching the style in his other books, but I have heard they are good. I would reccomend learning how to fingerpick, read music, and just be an intermediate player before you get into it. Im no expert though, so its probably best to look at books at your local bookstore to see what you find.
Mixolydian, Dorian & Pentatonic work, although to play Celtic music its mostly to do with phrasing (and being drunk on Guinness) lotsa trills and hammer ons/pulloffs