Hello, im in the market for a new guitar. Right now i have an Epiphone g-310.
I already have one guitar in mind. That is the PRS SE Custom

But i would like some suggestions. I play classic rock type stuff. zeppelin, doors, hendrix, srv, sabbath, and rush among others. current rock like foo fighters and chili peppers. some satch and gilbert stuff too. A bit of the heavier stuff too(you can read my music and guitarists section i have it all).
And if you have any suggestions for a guitarists with hands on the smaller side that would be nice. So yea! what guitars do you reccomend?

ohh and my budget id say right around $600 USD. but ill be willing to go more if its worth it. i just have to save up a bit more

edit: and my amp is a roland cube 30. which i like.
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Quote by ldzppln81
And if you have any suggestions for a guitarists with hands on the smaller side that would be nice.

If you're worried about having smaller hands then just practice, if you practice enough and well you can overcome any possible disadvantage there may be from having smaller hands than the next guy.

In terms of guitars the PRS should serve you well but the one recommendation I will make is that you go out and try as many different guitars as you can get your hands on; you might find an absolute gem out there somewhere.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
For that i really wanna recommend a fender HSS strat. However, i don't have any experience with PRS but i hear people say they are really good for a cheaper price than gibsons and such.
I'd look into schecters (a lot have USA duncans, which are quite decent), Jacksons, and LTD's (the EC series with duncans) as well as other Epiphones (G-400+ pickup change. and Fenders (HSS standard), and some washburns (I can't help with recommendations on wasburns though).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Sep 1, 2008,
i suggest just going to stores and playing all the guitars that catch your eye (not meaning the ones that look good but the ones you like). keep in mind however, a good guitar won't magicaly make you better. if you are new to playing guitar, i suggest sticking with your current guitar.
Last edited by madshatter at Sep 1, 2008,
thanks everyone!

zaphod - thanks for the advice and will do.
highpotency - thanks ill definately check out the HSS strat
one blackened - not sure if shecter and those type quite suit me but ill check them out to be sure.
madshatter- thanks i will do. and i have been playin with this for about 2 years and id say i have progressed so far from when i started. so it would be safe to upgrade.
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Quote by ldzppln81
I looked at some of the HSS strats online. whats the difference between the American Standard , and the Standard (made in mexico?)

The hardware(pickups,tuners etc) on the US ones is better but its not like the Mex ones are bad and you can always replace stuff down the line.I think also the finish is suppose to be a bit better on the US made ones although mines pretty damn good.I love my Mex HSS Strat and ive had it for over 2 years now