So I'm looking to jam with a drummer in a few days and I'm looking to pad my repertoire , I figure the guy loves Pantera so a song or two would be nice.

If it makes any difference songs with more complex riffs, but are shorter are easier for me to learn than songs without many/any riffs but alot of chords and are long as hell.

Also, any other easier Popular thrash (Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax) are cool. Something on the level of Creeping death. Pretty simple, it's just a handful of riffs that cycle around and some chord sections.

Any help?
Try asking in the Pantera thread maybe?

*reported*
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

*reported*

why are you being such an ass, get a life.
Camilla Choads.
Quote by Pretty_Much
why are you being such an ass, get a life.

How is he being an ass? He's just following the rules of the metal forum.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

*reported*

Wouldn't that be great if I could find said thread. Being that it's not in the first 5 or so pages of the forum it's fair to say that no one reads it and my post would probably be ignored until I jammed with the guy. So in the interest of actually having my questioned answered in a timely fashion I'll just keep it to this one.

Do realize of course that if I posted this same question in said "Imaginary" thread that you'd bitch that I was off-topic posting because of the second question I posed. But of course that would require you to actually read the post, which you surely don't have time to do, because you have too much Back-seat moderating to do. Speaking of off-topic posting, your asshatery has put my topic off-track, the correct thing to do is to report it and move on, maybe that's why you're still under the desk at the old moderating business huh?
Last edited by CrimsonG at Sep 1, 2008,
Quote by CrimsonG
Wouldn't that be great if I could find said thread. Being that it's not in the first 5 or so pages of the forum it's fair to say that no one reads it and my post would probably be ignored until I jammed with the guy. So in the interest of actually having my questioned answered in a timely fashion I'll just keep it to this one.

Do realize of course that if I posted this same question in said "Imaginary" thread that you'd bitch that I was off-topic posting because of the second question I posed. But of course that would require you to actually read the post, which you surely don't have time to do, because you have too much Back-seat moderating to do.

You need these:

1 - Magero's list of helpful threads which has been stickied.

2 - Pantera Thread which you would have found if you'd bothered to read the stickies in the first place.

The problem with your questions, really, is that you already know either where to find the answers or maybe even the answers themselves you just can't be bothered to actually go out there and do your own research. In my opinion people these days have too much handed to them; go and get it yourself is what I say.

Originally I did just post and move on but no, you had to come back and bitch about it without actually looking for anything in the obvious places.

Edit: In future, I recommend the SEARCH BAR for good places to look.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Sep 1, 2008,
Wow you're a giant cockbag.

1) You failed to address the fact that a topic in the first 5 pages of the forum probably isn't getting read.

2) Yeah this information I can find myself, but if you had just said "Walk and Mouth for War" it would save me the time of sifting through 500 different tabs on the site, than hunting down the song and listening to see if it's tough enough to play. That's just a waste of my time when I can just as easily ask the metal board on a guitar site, a board viewed by people who have probably played at least SOME Pantera and can comment on what they found easy to learn.

Honestly this is my first topic here at these boards and I can say if this is the type of bull**** that goes on here, than I regret wasting my time registering for the boards.

So thanks Cockface, you drove off what I can only assume is a small addition to the long list of people you've likely driven away.
I'll say it again since your dim mind obviously didn't register it the first time round.

TS, stop fucking whining. You were against the rules, it annoys us ALL, get over it.
Quote by CrimsonG
1) You failed to address the fact that a topic in the first 5 pages of the forum probably isn't getting read.

You do realise that if you post in a thread it goes to the top of the front page right?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
lol, I'll be nice since I'm in a good mood, but you did not follow the rules and it is annoying, so don't expect a lot of help.

Try, F-ucking Hostile, Domination, Cowboys From Hell, Five Minutes Alone, Revolution Is My Name, Cemetery Gates.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I love the whiners who are whining about other whiners whining.

But as far as the question goes there's a bunch of easy songs: Walk, Drag the Waters, ****ing Hostile (funnest one to play for me), Goddamn Electric, 5 Minutes Alone, I'm Broken, Domination, Hollow