im in a band and its pretty much me and one more guitarist well the other guitar player and i picked up the guitar at the same time and have been playin for two years together.he cant learn any of my stuff because he is like guitar dyslexic and i dont like his stuff.

i just dont know exactly how to tell him.hes also my best bud so its hard.
stay in the band, but join a "Side Project". That way his feelings arent hurt. Just say "Hey these guys wanted me to play with them, but were still in a band!" kind of thing ya know?
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Quote by axl-is-awesome
im in a band and its pretty much me and one more guitarist well the other guitar player and i picked up the guitar at the same time and have been playin for two years together.he cant learn any of my stuff because he is like guitar dyslexic and i dont like his stuff.

i just dont know exactly how to tell him.hes also my best bud so its hard.

Maybe if you could properly apply punctuation when typing and knew how to space out your words from your punctuation then the problem would just go away ... if not, the way I see it is you have two options: Talk to him and get the problem sorted or don't. If he's your best friend then killing isn't really an option.
Quote by aaciseric
Maybe if you could properly apply punctuation when typing and knew how to space out your words from your punctuation then the problem would just go away ... if not, the way I see it is you have two options: Talk to him and get the problem sorted or don't. If he's your best friend then killing isn't really an option.

i asked for advice not a grammar lesson. but thanx to the people that gave advice
You probably need a girl in the band.
Seriously now, she's either going to make it work and be like a mediator between you and your buddy or mess it all up and cause the band to break up. That's what happened with my former band. The other guys thought we should have a girl singing for us, we played a gig where she really f*cked up, I stopped attending rehearsals when she would come and only rehearse with the guys when she couldn't make ite, but obviously they wanted to play another gig with her, but I quit. Then they quit one at a time.
I don't have a signature
just start a side project,thengradually spend more time on it and then your friend will ask you if you wanna continue with it

it works,it really does
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
If you don't want to do something, or aren't enjoying your self doing it, then don't do it, it's that simple. I was in a band a couple of years back that I had put my heart into for over 3 years, but then the singer and drummer told me one day that they wern't enjoying anymore and wanted to do something different. Because we were friends I accepted and respected their decision. If you are truly friends with this guy then he will understand. If you're not enjoying it it could be holding you back from being the next *Insert Musical Hero Here*, who knows