Hey guys unfortunately I have to sell this beauty of a guitar. It's a strat style guitar autographed by the entire old line-up of the band Van Halen (Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, Sammy Hagar, and Michael Anthony) with a certificate of authenticity. Something like this is really hard to come by and that's why I hate to sell it but sometimes money gets tight and you just have to let go, I guess. I'm looking for 6,500 but might be negotiable (to a certain degree). This is a real piece of history especially because this line-up of Van Halen will never play together again. These were the men who came out with Van Halen's first #1 album on the Billboard charts, 5150. If not for this line-up it is very debatable that Van Halen would be anywhere near where they are now. This is a chance that may not come around again. The guitar is in perfect condition, the signatures are in Sharpie and on the guitar itself and not on a cheap pickguard. The band actually touched and signed this guitar. They held it in their hands and so can you. The hands that brought hard rock to the forefront of the musical world signed this guitar and you can now own it. If anyone is interested just let me know and i can send you some pictures (I don't have any on my computer but I'm working on it and should have them in a couple of days).
Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

fantastic ! I don't have that money but I'm coming again to see those pics

pity that you need to sell such a piece of history
When i hear someone say the "old line-up", DLR era comes to mind. Misleading, indeed. I'd be interested if i had the cash but until then, bump for a fine guitar. Good luck selling it!
PICS!

I, like most others, don't have money for it... i just want to see some pics.
O O

___
Hey guys, I'm going to try to get the guitar onto e-bay within the month but I just want to see if there's enough interest in it first. I don't want to risk putting it up and not getting any bidders. I'm also trying to use this to get the word out so if anybody knows someone who might be interested and has the money for it please let them post something on here. Also, thanks to everybody who posted. I appreciate you opinions and whatever you have to say.

PS: If anyone wants to bypass the whole bidding war and wants to make an offer from now, I'm willing to sell it on the spot for 8,000.
Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

well i do not have money for it, but just to let you know im pretty sure that will be a hot item on ebay. if your not confident you can atleast set a high reserve on it. and let everybody on here know the date you plan to list it on ebay and they can bid on it there. thats just what i would do.
good luck!
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
FYI, autographs don't add to the value like people think... $6,500? Try $650 if you want to be an optimist. A Charvel EVH Art Series wouldn't go for that with EVH's auto on it. Maybe if they played it. Touching and holding means nothing. They never played or owned it. This should give you an idea they do nothing to the value of a guitar.

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=so&sbrftog=1&fcl=1&dfsp=32&catref=C3&from=R2&satitle=autograph+guitar&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=17566&sabfmts=1&fis=2&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=32%26fsoo%3D2&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search
Quote by CJRocker
FYI, autographs don't add to the value like people think... $6,500? Try $650 if you want to be an optimist. A Charvel EVH Art Series wouldn't go for that with EVH's auto on it. Maybe if they played it. Touching and holding means nothing. They never played or owned it. This should give you an idea they do nothing to the value of a guitar.

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=so&sbrftog=1&fcl=1&dfsp=32&catref=C3&from=R2&satitle=autograph+guitar&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=17566&sabfmts=1&fis=2&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=32%26fsoo%3D2&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search

hes kinda right. not THAT low though. and your link doesnt work but i found an example
http://cgi.ebay.com/VAN-HALEN-SIGNED-GUITAR-SIGNED-BY-ALL-4-ORIGINAL_W0QQitemZ170256709165QQihZ007QQcategoryZ104408QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Quote by CJRocker

CJRocker you're comment has been reported as it is inaccurate and your link is dead so if you can not prove your point then leave my post alone. I would appreciate very much if you could be more honest with people and if you have any problems with me or anything I say or do please simply pm me.
Quote by blacksabbath8

Quote by the elshal
CJRocker you're comment has been reported as it is inaccurate and your link is dead so if you can not prove your point then leave my post alone. I would appreciate very much if you could be more honest with people and if you have any problems with me or anything I say or do please simply pm me.

He's also correct.
Who the hell would pay $6500 for a strat which has 4 peoples signatures on it? jesus i'd rather shell out that much for a custom and have my own signature on it.

Pics tho...
My Gear:
Ibanez RG550M Dimarzio TZ + Paf Pro
Ibanez RG550R Dimarzio TZ in Bridge
Ibanez TS9>Vox AD50VT.

Quote by JackalUK
If you fap at 2 million faps per second you can go back in time
Quote by Speedabob
Who the hell would pay $6500 for a strat which has 4 peoples signatures on it? jesus i'd rather shell out that much for a custom and have my own signature on it.

Pics tho...

Original LP records with members signatures don't even go for this much. Plus i'd much rather have an original record signed by the band than some guitar.
Quote by randyrhoadsv
Original LP records with members signatures don't even go for this much. Plus i'd much rather have an original record signed by the band than some guitar.

Yeh but this is about a guitar......
Guitars are ment to be played, not looked at
thats my opinion anyway
My Gear:
Ibanez RG550M Dimarzio TZ + Paf Pro
Ibanez RG550R Dimarzio TZ in Bridge
Ibanez TS9>Vox AD50VT.

Quote by JackalUK
If you fap at 2 million faps per second you can go back in time