Do they still sell the DD-5? Because tbh i'd go for the DD-6 or 7. Or is there a reason you've chosen these two?
my local music shop only sells the dd-3 and dd-6 models...

the difference is in effects, not tone. i found this site a while back demoing the features of the dd-6, i think it was the boss site. try looking there.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
my local music shop only sells the dd-3 and dd-6 models...

the difference is in effects, not tone. i found this site a while back demoing the features of the dd-6, i think it was the boss site. try looking there.

Analogman's website compares all the DD models too. I don't think there are demos of it on there (boss's website has those), but they basically all sound the same, you just pay for the features in it. I actually prefered the DD-6 to the DD-3 when I tried them a while ago.
I have a DD-7 and it's awesome if you want to experiment with a lot of things. I can't remember the specs of the DD-5 but if you want a less complicated delay pedal, go for the DD-3
DD-5 is nice it has a longer delay time and a few more modes including reverse. But has a jack to add a tap tempo switch which is very handy.

DD-3 is probably my favorite Boss delay as it's so simple. Just plug in in play, basically.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
dd-7 for if you want like a TON of features
dd-3 for if you just simple pretty long but not way too long delay
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
DD-7. Its just a little bit more and adds a tap tempo and a looper.