DISCLAIMER: This thread is in essence about modding my own guitar. Hence, I figured this would be the correct forum. If I should have gone somewhere else to ask what these pups are, whoops!

Okay then... So a few days ago I was watching a youtube video with Zakk Wylde (WAIT! Before you leave the thread, it wasn't the BLS Zakk, it's the good ol' days Pride and Glory Zakk).

Funny thing was, he was playing an SG, and the pickups he was using aren't EMGs. At first, I thought they were the chrome-plated version of them, but I don't believe so now.

Here's the video...

Now, what I want to know is: Can anyone here pinpoint what he's using? Cuz that's a really generic design for the pickups, and I would love to put a set of those in my guitar.

Is it possible that they're Gibson classics or burstbuckers? I've never really heard either too much before.
Quote by flame843
My original intent was to put "...but never trust the French," but I didn't for fear of starting a flame war with some French UGER.

Quote by Funkbass796
why worry about that? They'd surrender immediatly.
iono do sg's come with covered stock pickups? i always thought they come with just standard open humbuckers.. doesnt sound like emg's to me.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
probably gibson 57 classics
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
That's what I was leaning towards. They sound phenomenal clean and overdriven, I'll need to look into them.
Quote by flame843
My original intent was to put "...but never trust the French," but I didn't for fear of starting a flame war with some French UGER.

Quote by Funkbass796
Quote by TheWarlock724
That's what I was leaning towards. They sound phenomenal clean and overdriven, I'll need to look into them.

The video is from the 90's. SG's at that time had 490 and 498 pickups. I think today's SG standard still does. Try one out.
don't limit yourself to gibson though, there are much better pickups on the market

if you have the cash, look into bare knuckle pickups, they make some that are very similar to the 57 classic or 490R/498T but will probably sound much better

drop tim mills (Bare knuckle's CEO) an e-mail explaining the kind of sound you want. I know he's a huge zakk wylde fan as well so he will probably be able to sort you out with exactly what you need
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Wow, thanks a lot. I'll make sure to do that.

Thanks, Sashki and Sam. Your help has been greatly appreciated.

Thread can be LOCKED!!! XD
Quote by flame843

Quote by Funkbass796