So I want to put together a small portable 3-4 space rack that holds units I need to customize my sound with effects and to also provide me with an interface with my computer for recording.

I think I found the effects processor that I want, which also has a usb interface, the DigiTech GSP1101. I suppose a power conditioner would be a wise investment to go along with this unit.

Q: would there be any use in purchasing a separate dual 15 band EQ for a guitar rig?

I know that I much prefer the 4 band EQ of my Boss MT2 over the standard 3 band that my amplifier offers me. Would there be much use in adding two 15 channel EQ's? I imagine it would give me the ability to set separate rhythm and lead tones.

Thanks for the input, any further advice during this endeavor is appreciated.

ltz,
Andy \m/
"After all the practical reason why a majority are permitted to rule is not because they are most likely to be in the right, nor because this seems fairest to the minority, but because they are physically the strongest." -Henry David Thoreau
If you got the cash to spare, the EQ could add unique qualities to your sounds. I didn't quite understand whether or not you were gonna get a power amp but that would be good, cause you could just buy some speakers or a cab for it. Perhaps a pre-amp, effects unit and some form of sound enhancer... all good!

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...