It seems like when it comes to rock and hard rock, there are many different brands being used, but when it comes to a blusey sound from a single coil guitar, it's almost always a strat or tele. Are there any reputable alternatives to such a guitar?
Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500M
Ibanez GAX-70
Crate V-18 112
BYOC Overdrive TS808 Clone
Vox Pathfinder 15R

A Les Paul can get a nice, fat blues tone, but the Strat is designed for it really.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by theinnerpalm
It seems like when it comes to rock and hard rock, there are many different brands being used, but when it comes to a blusey sound from a single coil guitar, it's almost always a strat or tele. Are there any reputable alternatives to such a guitar?

Well from what I understand what you're asking for is a guitar that has that single coil sound without actually being a Strat of Tele? Or do you mean just not Fender/Squier?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I just mean I'm looking for that single coil sound from a non-fender. I'm looking for quality sound, not entry level.
Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500M
Ibanez GAX-70
Crate V-18 112
BYOC Overdrive TS808 Clone
Vox Pathfinder 15R
G&L - Basically superior to fender in every way
SUHR - Superior to G&L in every way
Carvin
There was a custom shop schecter thread floating around here yesterday I believe, that guitar looked like it would smoke!
Warmoth

There are always a few luthiers in the Guitar Building thread who could probably build you something excellent as well.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio