Page 1 of 2
Im looking For a left handed explorer or randy rhoads v shaped guitar.
Gibson And Co dont make left handed explorers and a jackson randy rhoads (the basic one) cost 2000 Dollars?!

I know its possible (rarely) To find a Dean Z (explorer) left handed but i dont like natural and sunburst whatever finishes.
and i know you can get one from ESP but that one seems bloaty (dont get me wrong ESP kicks ass)

For A randy rhoads, ****, i saw one of some unknown brand on ebay once for 150 dollars but of course i had to be flat broke for those 6 days.
I dont know where the hell to look

Does anybody know where i can get a lefty of these 2 models?
and if not, does anyone know a fairly reasonable custom shop?
Yeah i know it's sucks that lefthanded guitars are so ****** expensive. I also want a gibson explorer.
Easy, play right handed.

My dad is left handed and he plays right handed. It really doesn't matter but I guess you have already been playing so no point switching now.

Carvin makes left handed guitars, you can customize etc and uh it'll be around 1,000's.

carvinguitars.com
Be like Michael Angelo Batio. Play with both hands at the same time, or overhanded with your left hand on a right handed guitar >_>
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
why dont you just play right handed??? so many left handed people play right handed, like a good friend of mine. i mena, it's not impossible.. in korea they beat you if you write left handed.. like literally beat you and try o fix you. iono if they do that anymore, but that's proof that left-handedness is not impossible to overcome.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
check out warmoth. you can put together a lefty explorer or randy rhoads to your own specs for a reasonable cost.
lol @ you guys telling the TS to quit playing lefty...
crazy talking animals
Quote by mrvile
lol @ you guys telling the TS to quit playing lefty...

why not? i'd play lefty if right handed guitars were harder to find and were more expensive... it's not a big deal. play like that for 21 days and bam, you can play right handed. and it takes 21 days to get accustomed to something. so nothing will happen intil 21 days after. so dont complain after 2 weeks.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
why not? i'd play lefty if right handed guitars were harder to find and were more expensive... it's not a big deal. play like that for 21 days and bam, you can play right handed. and it takes 21 days to get accustomed to something. so nothing will happen intil 21 days after. so dont complain after 2 weeks.

Oh really? You really think you'd be able to play lefty as well as you can play righty after 21 days?
crazy talking animals
Im never in life going to play righty

andi have looked into buying a body blank and making my own explorer and just fitting a premade neck to it and stuff

and for those telling me to play righty, i doubt your as good as me
I play righty and I'm lefty, but trying to play lefty is pretty difficult, even though I am a lefty, it's not as easy as you guys think.

And your best bet would be Carvin (though their RR style are sort of upside-down and their explorere style are. . well, not explorers, star shaped instead) then there's warmoth, but that's pricey and you'll be putting it toghether yourself, next there's getting a custom job, but that'll be similarly priced to the one's you can buy from Jackson and the likes.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I play righty and I'm lefty, but trying to play lefty is pretty difficult, even though I am a lefty, it's not as easy as you guys think.

And your best bet would be Carvin (though their RR style are sort of upside-down and their explorere style are. . well, not explorers, star shaped instead) then there's warmoth, but that's pricey and you'll be putting it toghether yourself, next there's getting a custom job, but that'll be similarly priced to the one's you can buy from Jackson and the likes.

From What im gathering, it wold just be cheaper to make it myself (and hope it comes out good) then to go to a custom shop
Quote by apak
why dont you just play right handed??? so many left handed people play right handed, like a good friend of mine. i mena, it's not impossible.. in korea they beat you if you write left handed.. like literally beat you and try o fix you. iono if they do that anymore, but that's proof that left-handedness is not impossible to overcome.

hahaha you make it seem like its a disease. Carvin doesn't make any explorer shapes, they do have the upside down RR but I think its horrid looking. Maybe check Ebay just to see what there is out there.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Well, that's debateable, how good are your skills as a luthier?
You could probably get it cheap by asking a luthier to build you a lefty explorer body which has a bolt on neck with the correct measurements for a replacement neck you have or something.
Quote by apak

Are you serious? It would take you just as long to learn lefty guitar as it did for righty, probably longer. The 21 days thing is about building habits, not skills.
i'm left handed and its the only rhoads guitars made lefty are the jackson rr1 or rr1t and a crappy washburn or the alexi200 ltd if you live in america
unless you get one custom made,
explorer wise, the ltd ex50 is made left handed, the ltd ex400 was made lefty a couple o years ago so some stockists may still have them.

why, everytime a left hander asks about left handed guitars, do loads of people feel the need to tell them to play right handed?
some people can do it, some people can't.
if they could play righty, they probably already would.
its the most useless bit of advice ever
Get a Jackson King V and flip it? Of course you'll need a new nut and you'll need to fix the bridge... But it's better than spending a huge amount on a custom.
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
Last edited by redwolf206 at Sep 2, 2008,
try warmoth, carvin etc.

and don't try and play right handed, play however you want, don't listen to those c.unts
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by Deth is iminent
Does anybody know where i can get a lefty of these 2 models?
and if not, does anyone know a fairly reasonable custom shop?

fairy reasonable

http://www.ranguitars.com

sweet guitars
and since its custom they can do whatever you want (check the gallery )
Quote by apak

That's...retarded. I've been playing lefty for 3 years now and I'd NEVER be able to play right handed. You can't just change like that. And it'd take more than 21 says to get up to the standard you were lefty. It's just....stupid. And for some people, even if they are lefty, it just feels too wrong to play righty. It's pointless useless stupid advice.

Anyway - can't you just buy those guitars in righty and restring them? I can't Imagine V shape guitars being uncomfortable to play 'the wrong way around' and same for Explorers....
Quote by StiltonCheese
That's...retarded. I've been playing lefty for 3 years now and I'd NEVER be able to play right handed. You can't just change like that. And it'd take more than 21 says to get up to the standard you were lefty. It's just....stupid. And for some people, even if they are lefty, it just feels too wrong to play righty. It's pointless useless stupid advice.

Anyway - can't you just buy those guitars in righty and restring them? I can't Imagine V shape guitars being uncomfortable to play 'the wrong way around' and same for Explorers....

i dint mind reverse headstocks and the like, and i dont plan on having a scratchplate, but i dont want the knobs where my arm is at, and the explorers horn would be going up into my chest
Go to Rondo:

http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitarleft.html

They sell a LOT of lefties. He currently has the Agile GHOST 3 in stock, which is an explorer copy. Also, if you're looking for cheaper, he has the Douglas Halo which is a cheaper version of the Ghost for half the price.

As for a RR style, there's a model Rondo sells which is currently out of stock called the SR-1. He's due to get a massive fall shipment in, and I'm betting there will be some lefties in there.
actually, if i started playing lefty in the first place, i would be playing lefty right now. a lot of people just play righty to begin with because left handed guitars are expensive and hard to find.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
By the way, if you haven't been to Rondo before, prepare to cream. His lefty stock and his prices is a left handed guitarist's wet dream!

Since I found Rondo around 5 months ago, I've bought myself 3 guitars, a bass, a guitar for my nephew, and a guitar for one of my employees. And I'm still finding myself checking if he has anything new in daily!

Here's a few of my Rondos:

Rondo absolutely! I found them and just got my AL-3000 friday. shipping was quick and cheap. customer service is amazing and the quality is worth more than three times the price
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Lol crazy 2 year old bump. But...poor lefties
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
Everyone who thinks you could learn to play righty within a month or so if your left handed is just pure arrogant. Try playing left handed.

As a fellow lefty I can tell you nothing frustrates you more than for someone to tell you to pretty much re-learn what you already dedicate hours to. Wouldn't that piss you off too?

@ TS Your best bet is to build your own through Warmoth.
Page 1 of 2