im trying to adjust my truss rod on my piece of junk fender squire strat. i tried numerous size allen wrenches but it doesnt do anything. i stick the allen wrench in the truss rod at the headstock and turn and its if it as nothing is even happening. wtf?
Take it to a luthier if you can't do it/don't know how to.

And why are you trying to adjust it? Don't just adjust it because you want to.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Unreal T
im trying to adjust my truss rod on my piece of junk fender squire strat. i tried numerous size allen wrenches but it doesnt do anything. i stick the allen wrench in the truss rod at the headstock and turn and its if it as nothing is even happening. wtf?

The wood takes quite a bit of time to adjust to the turning; you won't see an instant effect, it'll take a while. It's also generally recommended that you shouldn't turn it more than a quarter turn at once or you might over adjust and screw up the neck.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yikes, sounds like by now the neck might already be screwed up...
crazy talking animals
i know how to adjust and why to adjust it but when i try to adjust it doesnt do annyything . when i turn it, it doesnt even feel like im turning anything. i got pissed and turned it like a mad man and still , NOTHING happened
ok put the wrench down.

you may have already snapped the nut from the rod and broke the neck.

if the nut just freely moves, that's usually a good sign that the neck might be broken.

so what is it you want to do?
do you have fret buzz?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
when you adjust did the nut feel like it was "free " spinning?

how much gap did you have at the middle frets when you held the first and last fret (where the neck meets the body) on the Low E?

how long ago was this, and how much space is there now?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

from the 7th fret wire to the bottom of the string the gap is pretty small . its just barely above the fret maybe a little thinner than the thickness of a cd . this guitar was given to me from someoen and it already had been used and yes when I try to turn the truss rod it feels free spinning as if nothing happens. there is no tension AT ALL when turning. i turned it abotu 2 days ago and the same gap is still there
well, sometimes the cap part of the nut isnt screwed on correctly, and can be tightened back onto the rod. and sometimes the nut is just plain snapped off the rod.

you might be able to tell using ur fingers and or a flashlight, but i don't know.

one of my guitars is like this. has been ever since a fall.

the guitar is still very playable.

but worst case for you, would be that over time, this guitar's relief starts to change. that the guitar picks up a twist or warp that can't be undone.
i suggest you look at where the buzz is. that you try to adjust this neck over time, and if you come to the realization that the nut is just plain not working,
that you play the guitar, working with alternate string gauges and saddle adjustments, to get the action the way you want it.

and if the guitar ever becomes unplayable, that you swap the neck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62