On one of my guitars, when I plug it in, it does not work. I've tried two other cords and tried plugging it into other guitars and it works fine so i'm pretty sure it's the input jack in the guitar. I also have checked and the cable is in the right hole,the volume is on,and the guitar volume is on, so i have no idea what the problem is. Please help me out. I've been playing for a long time but i'm not very technical and i don't want to have to take it to a shop when i can probably fix it with your help.
Did you take off the jack and see if the wires are connected?

It sounds like it's just a loose wire.
O O

___
Which guitar? Not that it matters much anyways

It's most likely a wiring problem, take a peek inside and see if anything is hanging off.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Yeah, i'd like to know which guitar... even though it doesn't matter. Just wondering.

EDIT: He means are all the wires secure?

And also, is the little metal thing bent in... the metal strip that snaps the cable in place. Just open it and put in a cable, you'll see what i'm talking about.
O O

___
Yeah, it's the thing that goes into the little dip on the end of the plug.

Check and see if it's bent in, because sometimes when they get old they'll start bending outwards and soon they won't even touch the cable... resulting in no signal.
O O

___