Before you start "bull****ting" and pissing me of saying things like "boss mt-2 suck" and so on, DON'T, this is what I have and it's I'll use.Keep your post conctrictive..

My guear is a Jackson WRXT, a Boss MT-2 and a Marshall Mg30....could some one help me achive a Trivium like sound??like A Gunshot to the head of trepidation and so on??
I know I wont get the same sound,they use 3000$ amps and guitars....

I've been messing around with the nobs but I cant guet what I want...
Quote by tasanhalas
Before you start "bull****ting" and pissing me of saying things like "boss mt-2 suck" and so on, DON'T, this is what I have and it's I'll use.Keep your post conctrictive..

My guear is a Jackson WRXT, a Boss MT-2 and a Marshall Mg30....could some one help me achive a Trivium like sound??like A Gunshot to the head of trepidation and so on??
I know I wont get the same sound,they use 3000$ amps and guitars....

I've been messing around with the nobs but I cant guet what I want...

That might have something to do with the lousy practice amp you're using and the sub par distortion pedal.

Either way, if you can't do those tone with your current set up, maybe you ought to think about a different amp?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Ultimate settings thread.

To be honest you won't find a great trivium sound from the MT-2. It lacks mids and I'm pretty sure Trivium uses a good bit of mids.

Also, if you want to improve the MT-2 you can send it out to Keeley electronics or Analogman and they will do a really nice job modding it.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by tasanhalas
So what nobs in the amp or pedal should increase the mids?

The mids knob?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The mids knob?

forget about the pedal part...on the amp theres bass,treble and contour..whats the mids?
Quote by tasanhalas
forget about the pedal part...on the amp theres bass,treble and contour..whats the mids?

Contour.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ok here's what's going to get you closest to that sound without having to buy anything. Run your MT2 through the clean channel and turn the gain on that channel down almost all the way, like to the point where you can barely hear anything. Then dial in the pedal to your preference, and use the volume on the pedal and the master volume on the amp to get the desired volume. That's what I used to do with my Metal Muff and my old MG, it's the best distortion tone you're going to be able to pull off with what you have.