i just broke my high E string down tuning. and i turned it the way so the sound was lower and when i turned it down lower it snapped. how could this have happened?

and again. i didnt turn it the wrong way.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
If your string was old anyway it's relatively likely that it should break. Messing with the tuning a lot also shortens the life of strings so that's a couple of things to bear in mind.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Does your nut have a little sharp place in it? Because sometimes a little piece in the nut will snap a string easily... especially if it's already old.
O O

___
apparently this kind of thing is often caused by bridge saddles being unlubricated, so take a pencil and rub the graphite on bridge saddles and nut, hopefully this will help
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
...and if you're taking the strings off, go ahead and rub a pencil through the nut, too. It always helps.
O O

___