Hey guys i just tested out my TS9 through my Laney GH100L and found it too make hardly any difference at all i used it WITH the boost on the amp and found it to do practically nothing.

I was under the impression that the volume control boosts the pre-amp valves

Settings on Laney

Presence- 4
Bass-8
Mid-4
Treble-2
Master-1.5
Gain-10
Drive-7/9

Most of the time i had the gain on the TS9 off the tone knob at about 11 o'clock and the level on full, i did try adjusting the drive and it really didn't do much. Take into account i already have a lot of gain on and the boost

Any suggestions on how i can get the best out of the TS9? so far I'm regretting choosing it over the OCD Overdrive

Thanks!
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
well if you have the gain and drive set that high, the TS9 likely won't be able to push any more distortion out of your speaker(s)
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
you cant turn the tone off, it goes from low tone to high tones
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Anyone prefer the Fulltone OCD over the Ibanez TS9?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
yeah u shouldnt have gotten the tube screamer its not the best for heavy distortion
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
My ts9 works best with the amp gain on 5 so I can have more clarity then kick in the ts9 for more distortion when needed. You probably have your guitar volume at max to. Theres a point where you cant get any more saturation so boosting with guitar at max and gain at max really doesnt make much difference.