How's it goin buds, I'm just looking for a decent shred guitar to hold me over until i get my new job.. I'm currently stuck on a Squier Strat *Korean, mid 90's* piece of crap to play on, and have been, ever since I had to sell my Schecter Hellraiser C-7. I was just looking for a budget shred guitar to buy around the pricerange of 50-200$. I was thinking of getting the Kramer Pacer.. Dunno though. Any input is appreciated

~Jess
Hmm, any other choices in the matter? I looked at the Pacifica, and eh.. It got some ****ty reviews.
Go with the Pacifica. You're not gonna get anything better for under $200.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
The Ibanez RG2EX1 is pretty solid too. Its about $300. It's a hardtail though but i dont know if that matters to you. I would recommend going with an Ibanez. They're alot of guitar for the money (although a little bit more than what other people have recommended)
maybe somthing used? look into dean or jackson low end guitars...still 200$ is way too low of a budget to be asking for good instruments
Hmm... very few Minnesotans on here. I'll look for something locally and PM you if I find anything.
Quote by RichieKotzen
Hmm... very few Minnesotans on here. I'll look for something locally and PM you if I find anything.

Thanks alot bud. Whereabouts in MN are you? I'm actually looking to get a metal/rock band started/going here. Check out a few of my ****arounds

http://www.myspace.com/jessemarz

I'm alot more technical/clean now =D
lol @ recommending a Pacifica over an American made Pacer. Anyways, I doubt you can get an 80's Kramer Pacer for $200. If you want a killer shred guitar in around the $350 price range look up some 80's guitars used on Craigslist or evilbay like a Kramer Focus, or Jacksons or even some Charvels but they'll all be over the $350 mark. For $200? Maybe a used Hello Kitty and install an EMG 81 in it
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
BTW, that red guitar in that picture is not a Kramer Pacer. The body is similar to one, but the shape is different and all Pacers had an OFR except the earlier earlier 80's ones where they either had a vintage style trem or Rockinger. That one does not have an OFR, maybe its an 80's Kramer Striker? Plywood body, thats why its selling so cheap. A 80's Kramer Pacer fetches anywhere from $650 to $800 used.
Quote by w0nk001
Thanks alot bud. Whereabouts in MN are you? I'm actually looking to get a metal/rock band started/going here. Check out a few of my ****arounds

http://www.myspace.com/jessemarz

I'm alot more technical/clean now =D

Southern Suburbs. Burnsville/Apple Valley/Rosemount area
Quote by w0nk001
i'm not getting an 80's kramer pacer, lol. i'm getting the new one, and putting Dimarzio Evo's in it. I don't know what nice neck pickup i should throw in it, though. oh, and i'm getting grover tuners for it

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kramer-Pacer-FT211S-Electric-Guitar?sku=515338

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP159-Evolution-Bridge-Pickup?sku=302960

I wouldn't even bother with the new ones because they have plywood bodies.

Kramer Pacer FT-211S Electric Guitar Features:

* Body Type: Dbl. Cut
* Body Wood: Alder/Nato

80's Kramer Pacers were top of the line, the new ones are very low end budget guitars. You're better off getting something else. You're polishing a turd if you wanna put a EVO into it. I'd rather save the $100 you're gonna spend on the EVO and buy one of the new Kramer Strikers if you wanna stay with that name brand otherwise look somewhere else or get an even better deal and look for used guitars but its your decision.
I'd go shop second hand with 200$
You could find something nicer than the -already more than ok- Yamaha.
used ibanez
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by RichieKotzen
Southern Suburbs. Burnsville/Apple Valley/Rosemount area

Nice dude. I'm just north of minneapolis, so you're just south of me. Haha. Got AIM or anything? Also, thanks alot Seef. Solid suggestion. To everybody else, I think the Kramer will play nice. It got alot of good reviews. I'll look into a Striker though.
for $259 you can get a ltd mh-50 or 53 the 50 has 2 humbuckers and a rosewood fretboard and the 53 has one hum and 2 singles with a maple fretboard both with a double locking recssed trem. i too am a brock basterd and have spent the last few years seaching for good cheap guitars i acutally perfer my mh-53 to my mh-100qm at times
Quote by wasted-years
for $259 you can get a ltd mh-50 or 53 the 50 has 2 humbuckers and a rosewood fretboard and the 53 has one hum and 2 singles with a maple fretboard both with a double locking recssed trem. i too am a brock basterd and have spent the last few years seaching for good cheap guitars i acutally perfer my mh-53 to my mh-100qm at times

For a budget guitar that isn't exactly that good. I suggest an Ibanez RG series if you can get the cash.... But its all up to you in the end.