Page 1 of 3
EA is offering the original Red Alert as a free download from the official series website, to mark the 13th anniversary of Red Alert 1.

You can download it here.

Here!

Enjoy a classic.

Edit:

Quote by purplegreendave
For installing on XP

1. download the two discs
2. extract them (with a program like WinRAR or 7-Zip)
3. then you can Burn the ISO's onto blank CDs (or mount them on a virtual drive like Daemon Tools)
4. insert the newly burned disc (or mount the image)
5. (close any autorun stuff) browse into the disc.. through My Computer or Windows Explorer
6. look for the SETUP.EXE, right-click on it and go to Properties
7. (under Compatiblity tab) check "Run this program in compatiblity mode for" ... choose Windows 98 /ME
8. hit OK to close that window
9. (back in the root folder of the CD) double-click on the SETUP.EXE
10. now it should install with no issues (dont install the Westwood Chat, its useless)

For playing on XP

1. (after installing it) go to the "XP_Patch" folder that was extracted with the RAR files that was download (does not matter which one you choose Allied/Soviet, both are the same)
2. copy the RA108USP.EXE to the folder where you installed the game
3. double-click on the RA108USP.EXE to extract three files (PATCH.EXE, PATCH.RTP, PATCH.TXT)
4. double-click on the PATCH.EXE to let it do its thing, then the game should be patched.
5. you need to go to the Start Menu and "Westwood\Red Alert" folder
6. right-click on the "Red Alert Windows 95 Edition" shortcut, choose Properties
7. (under Compatiblity tab) check "Run this program in compatiblity mode for" ... choose Windows 98 /ME
8. hit OK to close that window
9. now you can click on that shortcut and it should play fine.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
Last edited by teh_Beatles at Sep 2, 2008,
No way!!!!!!! I love that game! I actually still have the disc, not sure if it still works though. Thanks dude, you rock!
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

FREEZER BURN s YELLOWFRIZBEE
hmm if it's the 13th anniversary, then it was made in about 1995, which means it's really really old.

is it really worth it?

i don't know much about the game, anyway, what type is it?
I dont know how they're gonna top yuri's revenge I love that game!!!
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
nice find thanks
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Quote by geetarguy13
hmm if it's the 13th anniversary, then it was made in about 1995, which means it's really really old.

is it really worth it?

i don't know much about the game, anyway, what type is it?

It's an RTS like starcraft or warcraft, but based on the military in WW2. Basically, it's ownage.
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

FREEZER BURN s YELLOWFRIZBEE
awesome, this game was so cool, hope it's not disappointing to play it now though
Yea they had this a long time ago. I actually completed the GDI disc a couple months ago. It was just amazingly fun. Screw NOD!

Edit: actually I think they had the free download of the original C&C a long time ago. I didn't see that this was actually Red Alert. Sweet..
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Last edited by ACG at Sep 1, 2008,
Quote by InvaderTSN
Do you know if it needs a serial or anything like that?

Son, we didn't need CD keys or any of them majiggers back then...
Oh ****in Jesus Your Kiddin?!?!

I Bought This For £6 2 Weeks Ago And Now Its Free?!?!

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Quote by Vermintide
Lol, I have the original disks right here.

Meanwhile, let's enjoy a little Hell March.

I do too

And...best song on the games. Fo sho.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
I can't wait for RA III to come out... but the cinematic is sooo cheesey :P

♥ ♥

Newfags can't Loveforce.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst
Yamaha Pacifica
Peavey JD acoustic
Vox AC30VT
hell march is awsome.

and

GDI or NOD?

id say NOD. kane is awsome. generl wass his name is a gay. and in tiberium wars that video a tthe start of nod is awsome when they killed that guy by lethal injection
The original Grand Theft Auto is for free from rock star also. Can't find the webpage though.
Can anyone else not get it to work?

When I click the link it's got a blank page, and selecting "Save Target As..." prompts a message saying the site cannot be reached or something.
Quote by Heavens_To_Hell

When I click the link it's got a blank page, and selecting "Save Target As..." prompts a message saying the site cannot be reached or something.

Same.
Quote by Vermintide
Lol, I have the original disks right here.

Meanwhile, let's enjoy a little Hell March.

That song is pretty cool
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
LOL yeah, only after 13 years does EA finally decide, "no one even remembers this game, if we put it up for download, no one will even do it... except maybe some pubescent nerds on some lame forum."

Thanks EA.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
LOL yeah, only after 13 years does EA finally decide, "no one even remembers this game, if we put it up for download, no one will even do it... except maybe some pubescent nerds on some lame forum."

Thanks EA.

Oh yeah, it really sucks that EA gives away one of the most epic and nostalgic games for free.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
Quote by Martyr's Prayer

Thanks EA.

Well, there are several sequels so people clearly haven't forgotten it. (I never heard of it.)
Quote by Heavens_To_Hell

It works if you open it. Worked for me, anyways.

Quote by Vermintide
Son, we didn't need CD keys or any of them majiggers back then...

I only have RA2, Yuri's revenge, Generals, General Zero Hour and Tiberium Wars.

So it would be good to have the original.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Last edited by Jakeylee111 at Sep 1, 2008,
Damn, how much memory is all this? 2 GB? It's worth it tough. I just beat all of Star Craft, Age Of Empires 3, and Rise Of Nations. I needed a new RTS.
2 x 500 MB .rar's
Burn the isos to cds and then you can delete.
After that it only takes a couple meg on your HD
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
hell march is awsome.

and

GDI or NOD?

id say NOD. kane is awsome. generl wass his name is a gay. and in tiberium wars that video a tthe start of nod is awsome when they killed that guy by lethal injection

umm...the red alert series didn't have the GDI or NOD factions. it had the soviets and the allies.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by samick007
just another reason why XP > Vista

That's like saying the C64 > XP because you can play Jet Set Willy on it.

Red Alert was cool, but the AI cheated too much.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
btw any c&c game before generals had nothing to do with ea their trying to take credit -_- i dont like ea couse they bought westwood -_-
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
OMG Peter Stormare is in the trailer for Red Alert 3.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Page 1 of 3