Right so Im going for a month in Kenya next year and i need to raise 6000 bucks and the only way to do this is to wash up in a ****ty pub when all of my mates are out having a laugh.

The worst part...I have to quit my guitar lessons to do this.

Everyones saying 'your too good for lessons' but thats crap and you can always learn something as you guys know. Plus i NEED to interact with people, i cant just look at dusty tabs and sit and learn them.

Anybody else had to sacrifice their guitar or playing for anything??
I got caught with weed and was grounded from guitar for like a year once. It was the worst thing ever. I had to re-learn everything.
I'm more concerned as to why you're 1) going to Kenya and 2) why you are raising 6000 dollars by yourself
Nope, Mine was the other way around.

I sacraficed a cat to Satan, and got a guitar.

Bastard tricked me!

I wanted a pineapple!
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Quote by alecoholic
I got caught with weed and was grounded from guitar for like a year once. It was the worst thing ever. I had to re-learn everything.

damn...ur parents are crazy.
you could also still smoke w/o ur guitar.

thats crazy stupid man.
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
damn...ur parents are crazy.
you could also still smoke w/o ur guitar.

thats crazy stupid man.

It worked, didn't it? :S
So not that stupid
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
who said it worked lol

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by alecoholic

That's possibly the dumbest punishment I've ever heard. I did got in less trouble/ did fewer drugs in high school BECAUSE I spent so many hours playing guitar. I'd still smoke more pot if I didn't have music as a hobby. They didn't think that one through, I'd say.
Quote by Base Ics
It worked, didn't it? :S
So not that stupid

How do you know it worked?
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by alecoholic

I wouldn't ever allow that, Id go take it back from my parents when they weren't at home and play it, if they caught me so be it id still play anyways, sure theyd probably kick my ass after that but it wouldnt stop me.

its worth it.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I gave my guitar as an offering to Quetzalcoatl to obtain superior tapdancing skills.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Not really a sacrifice but I have a lady and a job.. Theres all my time. But when we find a place ill be able to play more
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
Quote by DeusExMachina90
That's possibly the dumbest punishment I've ever heard. I did got in less trouble/ did fewer drugs in high school BECAUSE I spent so many hours playing guitar. I'd still smoke more pot if I didn't have music as a hobby. They didn't think that one through, I'd say.

yeah man...music keeps me outta that stuff aswel.

and for that other guy......he never said it worked.

I wouldn't let anyone ground me from playing guitar ever,
and if I were in your position, I would talk to them and tell them that you taking away my stuff has nothing to do with smoking.

now he's gonna be moreeeeee bored and wanna do it even more.

lol...makes no sense to me.....i dont mean to be a jerk...its just my opinion.
Quote by Down Shifter
Not really a sacrifice but I have a lady and a job.. Theres all my time. But when we find a place ill be able to play more

lol,yet ur on UG? srry, but i cant help myself from laffing
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
True.

If I was in a position like that, Down Shifter, I'd stop talking about playing and play!

All the time you spend on UG is valuable guitar time, no matter who you are.
my mate said he'd give me his guitar if I had sex with another girl in front of him.
what a lovely conversation that was.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by el-ECTRO
my mate said he'd give me his guitar if I had sex with another girl in front of him.

haha, I got my guitar because I agreed to have sex with someone.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Quote by el-ECTRO

DO IT MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i had to sacrifice my arms

in the end it didn't seem to work out for me
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by Eddie's'Waitor
DO IT MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nah i don't think so
mainly because i'm not a lesbian/bi
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

not sure
i'm a guitar noob i still need to get some money to buy one <.<

Quote by el-ECTRO
not sure
i'm a guitar noob i still need to get some money to buy one <.<

But say it's a Gibson Les Paul or a Jackson, would you make out with a hot girl to get it for free ?
my friend, lost her retainers, and her mom wouldnt pay for replacements, so she sold her fender strat to get new one
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Quote by xyz66
my friend, lost her retainers, and her mom wouldnt pay for replacements, so she sold her fender strat to get new one

vintage?

if it was vintage id be pissed......but any others i wouldn't really care too much.
Quote by wyldeshredder
lol,yet ur on UG? srry, but i cant help myself from laffing

Little do you know I have a guitar on my lab while on here. Killing two birds with one stone. Or like tonight im at my Girlfriends house on the laptop while shes asleep because I do not have reach for a guitar or its to late to play here. So ha I win.

Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
not sure if this counts, but i broke my fretting arm last year, and because of the cast i couldn't fit my hand around the frets or even reach the lower ones. so i couldn't play right for like 3 or 4 months
Quote by alecoholic

Next time, offer it to the person who caught you.

Or don't get high around your parents...?
At least wait until they're gone, like a normal person.

As for the main question, guitar beats everything.
I sacrificed playing for all of two weeks, back when I had fake nails for my prom. They were so long that I couldn't play till they came off! That was the longest two weeks of my life.....
Quote by Missingno476
You don't just buy new strings for a BC Rich.

For a guitar that metal, you have to dissect a black cat alive at the full moon and stretch its guts into strings.
Quote by el-ECTRO
nah i don't think so
mainly because i'm not a lesbian/bi

Yeah, but...free guitar. I'm not gay or bi either, that doesn't mean I've never made out with dudes. Besides...FREE GUITAR.

I tried to sell one of my basses to scrounge up money to go see my now ex-fiancee. Man...if that's not love, I don't know what is.

God, what a bitch.
Yep, had my guitar taken off me for a couple of months cause I had exams coming. Stupid standard grades don't count for a goddamn thing anyway. I just went to my friend's place and played there
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
I`m selling my guitar to pay for rent. my amp's already gone.. to pay for a new guitar and better but cheaper amp
When you said sacrifice, I thougt you actually meant giving up guitar completely for something. Not just giving up lessons. I'd love o have lessons, but I can enver afford them. It's not exactly much of a sacrifice.

TO answer the question, no. I've enver needed to give up guitar. Dancing is my main hobby, that would be a real sacrifice to give up as dace classes not something that I can do whenever I want.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I haven't ever given it up and won't even if I'm living on a street corner with nothing but one hole filled pair of underwear and a guitar. I know it is a liveable situation because I know most people on UG live like that. hehehe. But really when we had like, 0 money, my dad pawned his Martin D-15