I'm looking for an OD and a Wah. I want good stuff but I can't afford to drop 200 each on boutique stuff either. I've been looking at the Ibanez TS9DX and the TS808, but I've heard some good things about the Bad Monkey too. As far as wahs go Morley seems impressive. I play in a melodic metalcore band, and my existing equipment is listed in my sig. Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
i use an ibanez ts9 and i love it

i have a dunlop classic crybaby w/ faisel for sale, if your interested PM me

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by zhunt1130
I'm looking for an OD and a Wah. I want good stuff but I can't afford to drop 200 each on boutique stuff either. I've been looking at the Ibanez TS9DX and the TS808, but I've heard some good things about the Bad Monkey too. As far as wahs go Morley seems impressive. I play in a melodic metalcore band, and my existing equipment is listed in my sig. Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

first off you've got you're amp and guitars set i suppose, although do you really like the ns-2? the isp decimator is far better
the the 808 (ibanez or maxon) are more vintage voices, the 9's (ibanez or maxon) are more modern
but definitely the maxons if you can, their better than the ibanez, the maxon od-808 is 135, the ibanez is 160ish, and the maxon is better, the od-9 is 150 if you want to get that
now if you're playing high gain stuff (like i'm guessing you are) i might go with either a dunlop 535q wah, or maybe some kind of morley
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
^I don't agree that the 808s sound more vintage. The only difference between the ts9 and the ts808 is two components. You should really try everything. If you're good with a soldering iron then a TS clone from general guitar gadgets or build your own clone is a very good option. If you put it together right you'll have a boutique pedal well under 100 bucks.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by acdclandon
first off you've got you're amp and guitars set i suppose, although do you really like the ns-2? the isp decimator is far better
the the 808 (ibanez or maxon) are more vintage voices, the 9's (ibanez or maxon) are more modern
but definitely the maxons if you can, their better than the ibanez, the maxon od-808 is 135, the ibanez is 160ish, and the maxon is better, the od-9 is 150 if you want to get that
now if you're playing high gain stuff (like i'm guessing you are) i might go with either a dunlop 535q wah, or maybe some kind of morley

The NS2 works great for me as long as I'm not standing right next to my amp.
To TS, so am I, Maxon OD808 and a Dunlop Cry Baby-$200.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
^ the only Maxon OD808 I've ever seen in a store was $265, that's a little much.
^That's way too high. The 808 is 130 bucks on MF.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by zhunt1130
^ the only Maxon OD808 I've ever seen in a store was $265, that's a little much.

that must of been the original one
get the reissue its 135
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
that must of been the original one
get the reissue its 135

It was original, I thought Maxon didn't make them anymore, but apparently I'm wrong haha.