Randall T2
3 8%
Voters: 40.
Which Amp would suit me best?

I have up to £800 to spend
Play various stuff such as Muse / As i Lay Dying / Atreyu / Every Time I Die
So need plenty of gain but still a great tone

Also suggestions on good cabs to match would be appreciated =]
if you can afford it I'd go for the engl or the H&K. Engl is probably better for heavier rock but the switchblade is really versatile, so it would be better for many more styles
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
I love my 6505, and matched with my Mesa rectifier 4x12 it sounds great. I think it would be a good match for the sound you're looking for.
id go with the engl
i havent played one but ive heard they were pretty good
for metal at least
i own a orange thunderverb and i love it,
ive never played the ad30 though
Laney or the peavey. Laney has a much nicer clean channel than the peavey but the lead channels are quite different. Remember to try before you buy.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
I personally find that the Peavey is just overall a better amp compared to the ENGL. But thats a personal taste. Yourse might just say the opposite.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
^ yeah. the fireball is probably my least favourite engl- i'd probably prefer a 5150 to it (caveat being that you're not too worried about having great cleans), but i prefer most of the other engls i've tried to the 5150, if that makes sense.

i'd also look into the engl screamer/blackmore, and maybe a laney tt head and marshall jvm.

also, is that budget solely for the head? how flexible are you? if you can stretch another £200 or so, there are a bunch more options which, if you ask me, are superior. fair enough if you're already at your limit, but if you're only setting an arbitrary limit, it'd be worth it, in my opinion, to stretch slightly further.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
looks like a two way battle between the engl and peavey then

in response to the above post, the budget is solely for the head, and the current budget is at a bit of a stretch, however with about another 2 months work i might be able to get another £200
If i can manage that, what would be your suggestion as to amps for that price
if you can get the extra money by waiting a while and working a bit longer (and assuming you don't need it for a more urgent purchase, e.g. food and rent/mortgage), i'd say it's definitely worth saving. Combine an £800 pound head with a decent 4x12 cab and you're talking £1200. Combine a £1000 head with the same cab and it'd be £1400- that's only a 14% upcharge to get something which might be much better (obviously try the cheaper options too, though, in case you prefer them!). For around £1000, I'd look into a brunetti xlr-evo (might be hard to find one to try, there are some UK dealers though, i've seen one, new, from a dealer on ebay for £1000 before), genz benz el-diablo (bit love/hate, though, you'd really need to try it), engl powerball (again, try, in case it's too metal for you), koch twintone/multitone/powertone (on thomann, at least some of those are under budget)... probably a couple of others too which i'm forgetting...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Mesa DC-5 does it well. I play all those bands, and it can more than do them.
Splawn Nitro doesnt seem to be an option over here unfortunately
And i cant find a UK dealer selling DC-5's either

Anyone got any opinions on the 6505 Plus head?
ive heard it has better cleans than he standard head, due to the EQ on it
but im not sure whether it would still be a good head to go for

also...
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g412a_vintage.htm
good deal for a cabinet??
Well, since you're in the UK, and you are looking at Orange amps, try the Rockerverb and the Thunderverb. The Thunderverb is pretty much my favorite Orange amp.

Also, if you are able to stretch to around 1000 pounds, look at Matamp. http://www.matamp.co.uk/