Okay. So I'm getting some pedals and I have always been a fan of Boss, but if anyone has some other legitimate suggestions, then please share.

Distortion: Boss DS-1 or DS-2

Chorus: Boss CE-5

Tuner: Boss TU-2

Equalizer: Boss GE-7
*notes august 08*********

Distortion: what amp do you have then we'll go from there

chorus: ehx small clone

tuner: tu-2

eq: mxr 6 band or 10 band

the thing is with boss is that none of their pedals are true bypass. so once you have lal of those in your setup then you tone is gonna be more lifeless and dull

iknow boss pedals are pretty but there are many other better options

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

What music you play? What's your amp and what's your budget? With those information u gave us we can't help you much.

For chorus and eq i'll have to agre with person from upper post. Be sure to check danelectro fish n chips eq it's cheap and supposed to be better then ge-7. As for tuner, i would go with korg pitchblack it's cheaper then tu-2 , more accurate and it has true bypass as well.
Last edited by Draconkreuz at Sep 1, 2008,
Quote by Draconkreuz
What music you play? What's your amp and what's your budget? With those information u gave us we can't help you much.

For chorus and eq i'll have to agre with person from upper post. Be sure to check danelectro fish n chips eq it's cheap and supposed to be better then ge-7. As for tuner, i would go with korg pitchblack it's cheaper then tu-2 , more accurate and it has true bypass as well.

+1 on the Korg pitchblack, just got mine and really like it
I have to agree with all the posts before me. The dano fish n chips will probably be pretty noisy but for the price it will get the job done.

I can't say enough good things about the MXR 10 band. It's really a great pedal, I couldn't live without it and my OD.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Okay. So new info.

What I'll Be Playing: Alternative Rock, Punk, and Pop/Punk.

Basically, I want a sound that is similar to Green Day, Blink 182, Paramore, etc.

Amp: Currently, a Fender 15G, but I'll be getting a Line 6 Spider III 30 30W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp pretty soon.

Budget: Anywhere between $500 to $800, max.

I hope this helps.
Please don't get the Spider... save your money and buy something worthwhile.

Look at the amplifiers those bands use (I know Paramore recently uses Marshalls because I've seen them live) for a starting point.
I second not getting the spider.

For that price you could get a mesa f or dc series combo used, a traynor ycv50 blue, a tiny terror if you don't gig or don't need cleans at higher volumes. You could get a classic 30 used and still have plenty left over for some nice pedals. If it's a only for practice a 5 watt tube amp would be great.

The spider is a poor amp and for the price you mentioned you can do way way better.
Get an old Marshall JCM 800 combo. or a used DSL combo (the one guy in Paramore uses one). Distortion pedal you don't need (you may want a tubescreamer), EHX Small Clone for chorus, Korg Pitchblack for tuning, and the MXR 6 or 10 band EQs are really good.
Thanks! Another question I had was this. Is the buffered bypass really all the noticeable against pedals with true bypasses?
Depends how bad it is. Crybabies are known for their bad buffers. Even though I don't like boss the buffers on their pedals aren't bad. True bypass is always nice, but shouldn't be a deal breaker since it's pretty easy to mod a pedal for TB.