I have a Line 6 Pod XT, and i'm looking for something to run it through for practicing with my band and playing live.

I am probably getting a Crate CPB150 PowerBlock to give me the juice, and someone on the Line 6 forums told me to put that through a Kustom KPC15M monitor, but I can't find any that I can get here (in the UK).

So basicly, I want to know if i'm best getting a monitor like that one, or a cab, and which one.

I need something for around £100, it needs to be able to handle 150W, not add much to the tone so my Pod XT's tone comes through untouched, and it needs to be available in the UK.

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to things like this, so please help me out, and all help is appriciated. =]
I would say go for a small cab, as you can use that live as well if it's micd up

have a look on www.thomann.de for good deals, they ship to the UK at a very good price from personal experience

just avoid their really cheap stuff like T.bone or Harley Benton

edit-> http://www.thomann.de/gb/laney_gs212ie.htm that's a bit over your budget but it would do the job
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Last edited by Sonny_sam at Sep 1, 2008,
Are you sure that will give me the best tone from the POD? Micing up and such is exactly what I won't be doing, if there is an in-house system the pod will go straight into it.

I need something that will give me the sound exactly as I here it through my headphones, will this do that?
in my experience you will never get an exact replication but either a speaker cab or a monitor is going to be the closest you'll get.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Sonny_sam
in my experience you will never get an exact replication but either a speaker cab or a monitor is going to be the closest you'll get.

Well a speaker cab or monitor are pretty much the only things it can be played through, so you arn't being very specific there... ¬¬

And do you have a Line 6 Pod?
I run my POD through this on occasion. Not sure if this is what your looking for, but it's certainly better then my headphones and will give you a closer proximation to your presets if you do plug into a house PA.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Phonic-Powerpod-620-Plus-S710-PA-Package?sku=630486
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
i have the XT. you'll need a poweramp if you want to run it thru the cab. the Crate powerblock might be ok. but it also might color the tone a bit since it has its own EQ'ing and gain stages.

you'll be hard pressed to find any cab and poweramp solution that'll sound exactly as you hear thru your headphones.. even the house PA speakers will add its own color to whatever you had running thru your headphones before.

best bet is to go for an Atomic amp. google em! they are tube amps built specifically for things like pods.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
i have the XT. you'll need a poweramp if you want to run it thru the cab. the Crate powerblock might be ok. but it also might color the tone a bit since it has its own EQ'ing and gain stages.

Well I was gunna put the pod through the line in of the Crate, not the input on the front to solve that problem.

I'll check out those atomic amps, thanks.

EDIT: Those Atomic amps are absoloutly perfect for what I need, but waaaay to expensive, I need something around £100 ($200).

Would I be best just getting a keyboard amp?
Last edited by Sean Duffy at Sep 1, 2008,
What about something like a Tech 21 Power Engine? You could then just skip the crate power block.
id say you'd be better with a keyboard amp.

There is a laney one on imuso for £110 and it works great with stuff like the POD, i know someone who runs a multifx through this keyboard amp and his tone is great
well thats it, of course there are better options, but on your budget the keyboard amp is in my opinion the best. And even not on a budget it is a very good option, i think keyboard amps are great for stuff like the POD as they dont colour the tone much at all. And its fairly portable. I think its exactly what you need
You defiantly want a vocal or keyboard amp of some description as they tend to be tonally neutral. Atomic is the ideal as i will attest to but yeah they are expensive. Mines the 18 watter and it cost me £380 and I believe I got the last one in the country. Now G66.com is the only European distributor.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by halikus
You defiantly want a vocal or keyboard amp of some description as they tend to be tonally neutral. Atomic is the ideal as i will attest to but yeah they are expensive. Mines the 18 watter and it cost me £380 and I believe I got the last one in the country. Now G66.com is the only European distributor.

Yeah, waayy out of my price range, i'm gunna get a new guitar before I get anything like that, as i'm still trying to survive with one from a starter pack(!).

I just need something I can hear the Pod out of and can use for playing in my newly-formed band and stuff, so yeah, keyboard amp probably my best bet.
probably not, but for £100 you wont find anything suitable for gigging. Laney do larger wattage keyboard amps, but obviously they cost more
30 watts tube is easily enough for gigging 30 watts solid is certainly not enough without a mic and a PA
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso