My 12 string fell over today and got totally thrashed...Such a sad sight when i came home and saw it lying in 2 pieces on the floor But anywho it should hopefully be covered under my house insurance so i'm going to be needing a new one within 2 weeks as i've got a recording session coming up next week. The guitar that got broken was a gorgeous Crafter that i got for around 420euro. My budget would extend to maybe 500euro, i would prefer that it has a pickup and a solid top. Any suggestions?
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
It's covered by house insurance? I find that hard to believe. Regardless, I'm sorry for your loss
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by iceman_8319
It's covered by house insurance? I find that hard to believe. Regardless, I'm sorry for your loss

Well i should have said my house contents insurance, we have a lot of instruments like a concert harp worth like 15 grand so we out things like that and my guitars under the contents insurance
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
You say two pieces. Where were those pieces separated? Two pieces doesn't sound like irrepairable to me. A hundred pieces would be complicated, but two? And also the combination 'Crafter', totally trashed'and 'topping over' doesn't make sense to me. These things are build like a brick s**t house. Maybe if you'd be more specific on the details, I could perhaps point out a remedy.
The headstock got cracked off just below the point where it joins to the neck and the bridge cracked aswell. I don't know exactly how it happened but i reckon that because the headstock is so heavy from the extra 6 tuners that it just snapped a lot easier
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Just what I thought.
I can't judge this particular case in detail without actually examining it, but on pure statistics I'd say your Crafter stands a good chance of complete recovery. Things like this often look worse than it really is.
In fact, mending broken headstocks is one of the most common routines in any guitar workshop. In most cases it is a pretty straightforward matter of applying glue and clamping the pieces together. Bring it to a good luithier and let him look at it. If you're satisfied with a structural repair only, it won't have to cost a whole lot either. If you recover all the chips and splinters and the job is done properly, even without costly cosmetic retouch it may look almost as if nothing ever happened to it.
Despair not. Your beloved Crafter is going to get well again
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Just what I thought.
I can't judge this particular case in detail without actually examining it, but on pure statistics I'd say your Crafter stands a good chance of complete recovery. Things like this often look worse than it really is.
In fact, mending broken headstocks is one of the most common routines in any guitar workshop. In most cases it is a pretty straightforward matter of applying glue and clamping the pieces together. Bring it to a good luithier and let him look at it. If you're satisfied with a structural repair only, it won't have to cost a whole lot either. If you recover all the chips and splinters and the job is done properly, even without costly cosmetic retouch it may look almost as if nothing ever happened to it.
Despair not. Your beloved Crafter is going to get well again

That is quite reassuring Not sure if i'll be able to recover all the splinters but it's definetly worth a try anyway, cheers man
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90