Well...how do you guys keep the momentum going in your bands? What keeps you inspired and cranking out new material? What inspires you and keep things interesting?
Do you go out and buy new albums? Drop acid? Rearrange the practice space? Buy a new pedal? All suggestions welcome. I think this could help a lot of people.
my band is here ------> myspace.com/weareattica
Quote by just some guy
Well...how do you guys keep the momentum going in your bands? What keeps you inspired and cranking out new material? What inspires you and keep things interesting?
Do you go out and buy new albums? Drop acid? Rearrange the practice space? Buy a new pedal? All suggestions welcome. I think this could help a lot of people.

Usually what helps the bands I've been in is just making songs out of anything. When we've hit road blocks with serious material we just take some time and take the simplest riffs or chord progressions and make ridiculous senseless fun songs. Sometimes we all rotate on instruments and see if we can make something up that way. That keeps the momentum and the fun levels up and usually from there we can get inspired for new serious material.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
work with new different tunings, try having the bass guitar and lead guitar in different tunings, if ur more electric orientated try breaking out the acoustic, or vice versa
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Listening to new music or watching my favourite artists on Youtube can really inspire me to play more. I have to agree with wicket_nirvana and say that bringing out an acoustic guitar can help create motivations to do something new with a song.
Try expanding your palette a little more. Try listening to different genres of music (like if your into rock try jazz, funk, classical, electronic, etc.) and try incorporating some of those things into your music. It will make it more interesting and unique to both you and the listener.
My fav. thing to do in a dry patch is to flip through a chord book, pick one randomly and try to work a chord progression around it. You can get some pretty cool stuff.
thanks guys. as you might have guessed, my band is rather uninspired at the moment, but we are going to try to approach a group of songs as a story (like a concept album) and see if that causes any ripples.
my band is here ------> myspace.com/weareattica