Hi all,

I've recently put a GFS pre-wired pickguard into my strat copy, and play at home through a cheap bass amp withiout much of a problem, but was at my teacher's today and tried the guitar in his amp (not sure of the exact make but it's a fairly good amp...) and the interference/noise from the strat meant i had to turn the tone knobs all the way down just to hear myself play!

Any ideas on what could be causing this? I thought humbuckers were supposed to counteract noise??

Cheers, Chris
KCC Strat - GFS Double Fat setup
Godman Les Paul
Fender Acoustic (Strat Neck)
You get what you pay for. Ive never been to impressed with GFS stuff. But bad grounds can create alot of noise.
Well it replaced the stoc pickups on a very cheap chinese guitar - the pots on the back of the original setup were about 1/3 of the size!

I find it hard to believe that a GFS setup would be worse than a £30 chinese copy?!

Could it be a s simple as a misplaced wired at the jack end?
KCC Strat - GFS Double Fat setup
Godman Les Paul
Fender Acoustic (Strat Neck)
Quote by neocaligatio
I find it hard to believe that a GFS setup would be worse than a £30 chinese copy?!

you would be surprised...

If you are good with a soldering pencil and multimeter, try and find out if the grounds are grounded to the back of the pots correctly, and that there are no ground loops.