Poll: Across The Universe or The Beatles?
Poll Options
View poll results: Across The Universe or The Beatles?
Beatles
37 67%
Across The Universe
2 4%
I like both :)
15 27%
Voters: 55.
I just finished watching Across The Universe...again..

I was wondering if The Pit prefered Original Beatles' recordings or the way the songs are sung in the film.

There are some that are better on both sides, so both is a decent option i guess.
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Originals.

/Thread.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
Originals.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
What the hell is ATU?
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by sam_brault
There are some that are better on both sides, so both is a decent option i guess.

This.
Quote by teh_Beatles
Originals.

/Thread.

This.

i was disappointed by ATU.
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
In my observations, Across The Universe had become trendy to an extent. I see many people who know the songs from the movie, and that's it. They know nothing about The Beatles but claim to based only on the movie. Then they'll go out and buy some Beatles tote bag. It's basically the same as Guitar Hero.

Whatever though, I'm happy with my position.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
personally I'm not that crazy about the beatles...there ok, like a good song here and there but everythiong else just kinda "mehh"
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Quote by eazy-c
What the hell is ATU?

Accross The Universe.

I like the originals alot more. They ruined Mr. Kite in the movie, and what the fuck were they thinking letting bono sing i'm the walrus? Bono?! I mean come on!
I much prefer the originals, though the movie was pretty good. I hate the way they did Blackbird.

But Jeff Beck's instrumental of A Day in the Life was amazing.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
originals, definitely. but the movie was very good
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
87% of the soundtrack was bleh, and 0% were better than the originals so I went with option 1.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Basically, when I think of modern day Beatles, I think of ATU and Cirque du Soleil: Love, which has a buttload of killer songs remixed by George Martin, the Beatles' producer, and his son. Therefore Love (and Beatles) > ATU any day of the week.
I didn't like most of the ATU ones at all. The Beatles are much better.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
ATU's songs just failed for me. I Wanna Hold Your Hand, Blackbird, For The Benefit of Mr Kite, and the random snippet of Girl in the intro were just aweful, and the rest were definately sub par, with the exception of Come Together, Strawberry Fields Forever, Something, and the instrumental A Day In The Life.
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
Never saw Across the Universe.

Never REALLY listened to the Beatles.

Therefore, I can't be biased to either side.

Neutrality FTW!!!
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Some were good in Across the Universe. I personally liked the remakes of For the Benifit of Mr.Kite, Revolution and Come Together, but I wouldn't go as far as saying their better than the originals.

And just because I feel like ranting, I didn't like ATU "that" much. It was alright, but I felt as though they were trying too hard to fit the songs in.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
I like the originals way better.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls