So, recording my album. I've got a newish dual core laptap, I'm going to be using Reaper, EZdrummer with Drumkit from Hell and a Pod 2.0. Bass will be recorded via mic/amp setup. It's black metal and I've gotten a really great sound with the Pod. My problem is latency. The laptop just has a stock standard Dell soundcard. There's only really one or two riffs that are noticeably affected by latency but it's enough to mess everything up. So, looks like I need an audio interface. I've been looking at the Tascam US-144 and the M-Audio Fast Track. The reviews seem to be mixed. In order to really sort this out should I be looking at something more high end? There's no rush so I can wait and save up for a while. Cheers.
For interfaces, ive heard great things about the M-Audio delta 10-10, but being as its a laptop i dont think it would work because you have to plug in the interface to the computer via a card. Im not sure if there is a laptop model out. might be worth checking in to
Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Seymour Duncan Pickups
Washburn WR120 Rocker Series
Marshall DSL50
Marshall 1960 Lead Cab
Boss GT8
Boss Super Over Drive
Boss Super Chorus
I could pick one of them up for under 400euro but they're only for desktops Cheers for the help though.
I'm a fan of the M-Audio Fast Track Series. I have the Fast Track Pro and I love it. If your laptop has firewire, however, I would recommend the PreSonus Inspire interface. Not sure what the conversion to Euros is, but you can pick a new one for around $150 in the US, and a refurb for around $100.

Either way you'll notice an improvement in both latency and sound quality.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic