Page 1 of 2
my brother sawed my strings. plain and simple. all six of them, cut. cuz he's a ****ing lunatic. i would return the favor in the future, but could someone PLEASE mail me some slinkys? i won't be able to work untill mcdonalds hires me, which will probably be like a month. i have no deneros, and my parents will not help me out. any strings will do- just make sure there's six of them, and i swear you will be my hero of all time, and my uncle will silk screen a t-shirt with your name and avi on the front and your siggy on the back.
promise.
dude, come on! i'm new to guitar, i need all the practice i can get. how would you do if you had to go at least a month, maybe more, withoput playing?
Loan money from ur parents, Sir ScamAlot!
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Quote by Steve The Plank
I don't trust you.

I'm with Steve. GTFO.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i actually got a set of slinkys i dont use laying on my desk xD tough luck, take that!
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Quote by Lil Macker
What are they, £5, or $5?

Seriously, hobos can afford that.

I was just thinking, you must be homeless if you can't afford a set of strings. Even then, you could earn about $100 a day just begging.
Quote by Guitar_Jester
Would you send me anything if I needed it really bad?

only if i had it. and as long as it wasn't something like a telecaster or a spleen or something.
and bumming from my parents/affording them on my own is NOT an option.
look, if you guys don't want to help a noob out, then you don't have too. it's a tall order, i know.
i'm not homeless, i'm 16 years old.
Stop begging. Scrape together some loose change until you have 5 bucks. Buy strings with that money. Simple.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
Go steal 'em. It's SO easy. I steal my Bass Elixirs, those are gigantic and expensive and I got 'em out. Also, if you can't get 'em from a guitar store, go get some from Wal*Mart, they have some decent GHS strings.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by SEANOmd
only if i had it. and as long as it wasn't something like a telecaster or a spleen or something.
and bumming from my parents/affording them on my own is NOT an option.
look, if you guys don't want to help a noob out, then you don't have too. it's a tall order, i know.
i'm not homeless, i'm 16 years old.

Do you have friends?
Weekend Warrior
Are u serious. Your 16 and cant afford $10 strings? I know were all not talented enough to get a job by then but come on... its not that hard to scrounge up $10.
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
I buy $12 Elixirs without a job or any help from my parents. Figure it out.

Also, I agree with Scott, steal them, you'd have to be retarded to get caught.
Dickless.
dude. strings r like 10$ can u honestly not ask a friend or somebody in your family for that? or ask all of them for a dollar each?
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Sawed your strings? He probably sawed your guitar too, next thing you're gonna beg for is for someone to send you a guitar.
Quote by magvol
i actually got a set of slinkys i dont use laying on my desk xD tough luck, take that!

You're telling me! I have three sets of EB's on my desk that I can't use because they're the wrong gauge! XD
Go to your local guitar shop and tell them your willing to help out doing whatever they want all day in return for a set of strings, you'd also probably get in with the people thier if you were cool.
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
Quote by ray_von
I was just thinking, you must be homeless if you can't afford a set of strings. Even then, you could earn about $100 a day just begging.

if you made 100$ a day begging you aren't homeless lol
Quote by King85
Go to your local guitar shop and tell them your willing to help out doing whatever they want all day in return for a set of strings, you'd also probably get in with the people thier if you were cool.

If this is the first place he went for a free set of strings, that's not likely.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Where the hell are all you people spending $10 on strings?

They're all like $5 around here, every brand and type (except bass strings).
crazy talking animals
Quote by mrvile
Where the hell are all you people spending $10 on strings?

They're all like $5 around here, every brand and type (except bass strings).

Elixir strings aren't cheap.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by twasbrilling
saw off your brothers face

this sounds like a logical, a face for strings..........uh oh i feel the pit creeping out of the shadows...
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
How about this.

Have your uncle make an avatar and siggy shirt, sell it on ebay, buy strings with the money.

???
^^^ sounds like a damn good idea. Do you have any crap you don't really need? Ebay it.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Quote by SEANOmd
none that play guitar. my friends are all gamers.

tell them you need $5 to buy new colored buttons then

they still have to have $5 between them reguardless of their hobby if theyre good friends theyll let you pay them back when you get your burger flippin job.
UG's Prodigal Son
Well you spelled dineros wrong. Either you're not really mexican or you need to brush up on your spanish skills.

I honestly don't know if i should report this or not...

But seriously, just borrow like, $5 from a friend and buy some strings, pay em back later.
I'm sorry, but there is almost no way someone would actually send you strings for free.
Good try, but I'm calling BS on this.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
I don't have any strings at the moment for you, but I got this deal going with a the Prince of Nigeria that I stand to make thousands from. Then I'll send you a set once I have my money.
if you're mexican theres only one solution....
drug mule, what's th worst that could happen

Sell your brothers' saw on ebay
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
strings are cheap, why don't you ask some neighbor to wash his car or clean up someones trash for a few bucks.

you can EASILY make $10-20 in a few hours doing this.
Main gear
  • ESP Eclipse II Standard (BK Cold Sweat)
  • ESP Horizon NT-II Standard (SD '59/JB)
  • Marshall JVM 410 Combo
Page 1 of 2