I just got a new strat the other week, and its awesome. MIM (Yeah, I know...)
Arctic white with maple fretboard. Its great, and a definite improvement over my old peavey raptor plus. It does have its minor issues though. The whammy bar seems to wobble, and makes a fluttery sound when Im holding it. (so I put tape on the thread, so it would tighten up, but it still flutters a bit because its wobbly.) And several of the frets under the high E string are a bit rough. Has anybody ever experienced this? I assume the whammy bar isnt in far enough, but Im afraid of stripping it out. And do frets kinda get broken in over a few months? Its not keeping me from doing anything, just wondering.
The setup is not bad (action wise) Would they check out those things too? I checked the prices, and its about $30. Good deal, or not? Will I benefit greatly?
A good one will include a fret dress along with the standard action, intonation, neck relief etc; and if you add that the whammy bar seems wrong, they can adjust that.
to fix frets it seems worth it, and with the whammy bar, i dont think you'll strip it out but if you are afraid take it to gc and try to find one that'll fit, take the original bar and ask for one slightly bigger. i went to a local music store and they had a pile of old whammy bars and i just picked one out that fit lol.
Quote by blue_strat
A good one will include a fret dress along with the standard action, intonation, neck relief etc; and if you add that the whammy bar seems wrong, they can adjust that.

Awesome, will do. I really love my new strat, but Im very obsessive about different things. I spent a day doing scales because the treble was horrible, and then I realized that I had my effects unit's EQ screwed up.
congrats on the new guitar, sounds great.

sounds like a set up is in order, it will be well worth it. as for the trem, it seems to me that the little spring that should be in the bottom of the hole where the arm screws in is missing. it is not at all unusual for these to get lost. hold the guitar face down with your hand covering the hole, if a spring does not drop out it's lost. get a new one from your dealer, they cost pennies.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by dr_john
congrats on the new guitar, sounds great.

sounds like a set up is in order, it will be well worth it. as for the trem, it seems to me that the little spring that should be in the bottom of the hole where the arm screws in is missing. it is not at all unusual for these to get lost. hold the guitar face down with your hand covering the hole, if a spring does not drop out it's lost. get a new one from your dealer, they cost pennies.

Wow, I didnt know there was a spring at the bottom. I guess Ill ask for that too. Anybody think this will cost more than $30 bucks? I hope not, because above that, its alot to spend at one time for that. I know how to adjust these things, but Im too afraid of ruining my new guitar.
Do you think anything bad could come from waiting to get it set up, because its been a few weeks since I got it, and it might be a few more before I get it in to a shop.
Quote by AlskiOverload
Do you think anything bad could come from waiting to get it set up, because its been a few weeks since I got it, and it might be a few more before I get it in to a shop.

i wouldn't use the trem if the spring is missing, might damage the threads. apart from that, i don't see that waiting a few weeks for your setup would hurt.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Yeah, a good setup should fix it all. On a side note, I'm GASing for that EXACT guitar!!!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here