Poll: What Color for my Carvin BR610
Poll Options
View poll results: What Color for my Carvin BR610
Red
41 59%
Black
29 41%
Voters: 70.
So I'm pretty much going to order a Carvin BR610 either this evening or tomorrow, but I need some input as to what color I should order it in.

The colors I were stuck between were Red and Black. My bass is also reddish in color. So what's the verdict.

I'll put up a poll provided I can get it working.

EDIT: I may as well give you the link to the color page:

http://www.carvinguitars.com/amptolex.php
Personally, I like the brown, but that's not an option so I'll have to say red.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
Red

As long as you can get a Red Head too
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I say black. It's clean and elegant, so it doesn't distract too much attention without looking stylish.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
If it's only between red or black, black. The red is too much fire engine and not enough smoldering sexy eyes. However, I'm just going to put the words classic cream white running through your head.

By the way, you ARE doing a BAOTM on that when you get it. I've invented a whole new -OTM, just for you.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
If it's only between red or black, black. The red is too much fire engine and not enough smoldering sexy eyes. However, I'm just going to put the words classic cream white running through your head.

By the way, you ARE doing a BAOTM on that when you get it. I've invented a whole new -OTM, just for you.

I was considering the white, but I'm concerned its gonna get dirty and ****ty looking sonner than the others. Just looking at the sample of the red, it seems to pink. But with the black grille and protectors, it seems more in proportion. Whatever.

And I'll for sure do a BAOTM. Not just for you. With the Carvin touting going around, a tangible review might lend some credibility to the movement.
Red, for sure. Why not stand out?
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
red. this is a time when you can be different without it possibly making you bypass something amazing, why not?

and plus, the red is just cool. I've never liked black amps, the section of the music shop with all the full stacks depresses me. too much black. like I'm surrounded by coffins.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by anarkee
Black. Classic, never goes out of style and makes you look thinner .

I don't need to look thinner

So I was talking to my band and they said that white was the way to go. I'm torn between the red and the white.
I think red will show scuffs easier, get dirty, and look a bit cheesy. But, then again, you're talking to a guy whose amp has a purple/red faceplate.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
White would get dirty fast.

Red just reminds me of the jukeboxes in those really low rent roadhouses that used to scatter the backroads of Pennsylvania and Ohio. Or a 1950s diner decor. Maybe that's just me.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
As well as vertical stripes.

this. do this now.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Red and black vertical stripes, ftw.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Can you get it in clear?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Can you get it in clear?

As in the just the color of the wood? Or clear in that you can see all the innards of the amp? Either way, I think we're getting a little too intrepid here
definately go for the red
Quote by mwhan2209
Jesus Paul Jones and John Bonham.

What? I don't see a mistake in that sentence.
Red. Red goes faster. You know the rules. Red
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Go with red man, it's different. Besides, people might start calling you 'red'. Then you just need a pickup truck and you're a full grown southerner!
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
i had a black guitar, hated it, looked so plain, got dirty fast, u noticed every, EVERY, little ding, on the plus side, u could sharpie over the dents XD (it was teh worst epi ever, and everyone had to start somewhere XP)
Try adding more delay.
White?

You suck.

I was privately rooting for red
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Here we go and give you all our wonderful opinions and you go off and be a rebel and order white.

*sighs deeply and goes off to find another cup of coffee*
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
^No, he followed the opinion of the only person that matters: me!

You live in Winnipeg, so of course you picked white. Its the only colour you see outside after summer ends!
Quote by anarkee
You live in Winnipeg, so of course you picked white. Its the only colour you see outside after summer ends!

I thought they don't even get any sunlight during autumn and winter, so how could they see whte?

(ffs, I initially edited Tam's post with that... I keep clicking edit instead of quote )
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I'm fat and I have no penis
That's ok, we still love you.
Last edited by smb at Sep 3, 2008,
Quote by Deliriumbassist

(ffs, I initially edited Tam's post with that... I keep clicking edit instead of quote )

LOL, yeah--I did that a decent amount my first few weeks too. Its natural. It's Ok Ben, some of my posts could use an editor now and then....
Maybe it'll be like the car situation. A white car really shows dirt way less than a black one. Plus, when is the cab ever going to be rolling around in dust anyway? Plus, I have no argument to the Winnipeg thing... August just ended and as soon as it did, it plummeted to about 7 degrees Celsius. Literally September 1st.
^ Depends where you play! We have regular parties and jams in the barn so all my gear is covered with crap.
Quote by smb
^ Depends where you play! We have regular parties and jams in the barn so all my gear is covered with crap.

Barn dancing? In Southampton? I'm so there.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!