This is my guitar

Everything is stock on it. Nothing great at all. I have been stuck with it for 1 year and a half and I really don't like it. It sound pretty bad. The frets have guild up on it, pick ups are wobbly, there is fret buzz/ I can't afford another guitar but I can slowly afford new things for it. What are some things that I can do to it to make it sound better.
sell ur Line 6 amp and get a small all tube amp.
That would be first. THEN change the pickups.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
New pickups, try seymour duncan invaders or some nice EMG's.
Adding a floyd is a maybe and may cost abit, but worth it
Adding a killswitch for the fun of it will cost little.
Thats all i can think of
Quote by XGhacker
1) OMG THE LEAD SINGER OF IRON MAIDEN RAPES HIS SON!!!
Bruce Dick-in-son
Why would I sell the amp for a smaller one?
How much does a "Floyd" cost?
The tribal design looks crap and i hate the shapes, get a beast instead-actually just get a jacksons or ESP
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Floyd Rose...mmmm check ebay
They range from £30-£80.
Mine cost £30 and is kick ass
Quote by XGhacker
Bruce Dick-in-son
Quote by Horny-Egg
The tribal design looks crap and i hate the shapes, get a beast instead-actually just get a jacksons or ESP

+1
Get it properly set up.
Take it to a guitar tech, get him to set it up and check the electronics are working well.
Maybe even a professional clean.

This will cost around $50-60 bucks, but it'll probably do the most with the playability.
If you want a better sound, a new amp is probably the best thing to do first off though.

Line6 Spiders aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be... there are far worse amps in that price range and you don't need a tube amp, i'm guessing you're just a bedroom player and a line6 will do.
If you can't afford a new guitar you definitely can't afford a new amp straight off.
But save up to get a better amp before mucking around with more guitar parts...
What amp would suit you is all preference, but from what everyone says stay away from Marshall MG's.
I have a VOX ADVT and an ADVT-XL, and compared to the spider they are more versatile and don't sound as processed as some of the channels on the line6.
People recommend Peavey Valvekings, Epiphone Valve Junior, Peavey Classic 30 and Blackheart (can't remember what model) amps, so maybe start with them if you're looking at getting one)

Don't get a Floyd Rose on this guitar, to get a decent one second hand you'd be paying 150ish and to get a new Original Floyd Rose or Ibanez Edge or Edge Pro, you'd be looking at around $300 and that's enough for a new amp.
Not to mention you'd have to change the guitar nut and route out your body which would cost another $100-200 or so...

Pickups will make a difference, but they aren't a magic fix which everyone thinks they will be.
They would make negligible difference with your amp since it doesn't have much sensitivity to pickups... I've tried a Strat and a Les Paul through a spider and with the exception of the clean channel they sounded nearly exactly the same, the strat had more treble but that was about it.
Maybe once you've upgraded your amp go for some GFS pickups, since you're on a limited budget they're probably your best bet unless you get them from some people on this forum like CorduroyEW or nuthinbuttrubl8 and pay a little more

Good luck :
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Last edited by WH15P3R at Sep 1, 2008,
Quote by feross
once again
i can't afford a new guitar
and once I can this is the guitar im getting
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG5EX1-Electric-Guitar-103574026-i1167870.gc
but that wont be for a while
anymore suggestions ?

You'll probably have trouble with that Floyd... edgeIII's crap out after a few months and the knife edges wear quickly...
I'll try find something similar but with with a better trem, are you sure you want an ibanez?

Here are a few ones I found within $50 of the Ibanez
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-G400-with-EMG-8185?sku=519397

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-EM2-CustomFX-with-Floyd-Rose-Tremolo-Electric-Guitar?sku=515613

The epiphone one is amazing for the price...
OFR!

Good luck
Last edited by WH15P3R at Sep 1, 2008,
first off, you are being told that

1.Almost all guitars will sound quite similar on your amp

2.get your guitar set up proffesionally

3.everything else suggested is ...pretty much crap

1. no worries this will be an expensive fix

2. Single biggest improvement you can make-Bar None
I set up my buddies strat and he couldn't beleive the differrence in feel,playability and, most importantly, sound spend your money here and you will be much happier
Quote by evil dead
first off, you are being told that

1.Almost all guitars will sound quite similar on your amp

2.get your guitar set up proffesionally

3.everything else suggested is ...pretty much crap

1. no worries this will be an expensive fix

2. Single biggest improvement you can make-Bar None
I set up my buddies strat and he couldn't beleive the differrence in feel,playability and, most importantly, sound spend your money here and you will be much happier

Haha, summed up my essay in a few quick bullet points :P