I know slipknot (well mick thomson) plays with tuning B F# B E G# C# but alot of guitars cant seem to handle this tuning so what else could i tune to? Just so i can play slipknot songs better?

Thanks in advance

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

every guitar should be able to handle that tuning. all it takes is the correct string gauge and maybe a truss rod adjustment (which I'd get done by a tech).
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
^+1
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
I use that same tuning on my strat, and it plays fine. I had a tech to set it up for me. The downside is, unless you're playing a baritone, you have to use a pretty thick low B string. Mine is a .65 bass.
Quote by Doooooooooom
I use that same tuning on my strat, and it plays fine. I had a tech to set it up for me. The downside is, unless you're playing a baritone, you have to use a pretty thick low B string. Mine is a .65 bass.

And all I'm thinking of atm is that it must be a pain to remember all the o's in your name
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by Doooooooooom
Firefox remembers for me.

This, people, is a man who live his life on the edge. Just imagine what he will do the day he accidently presses Ctrl + Skift + Del
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
change strings, truss rod, down tune, done.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.