A3r0sm1th
UG Newbie
361 IQ
How do you download an MP3?

I tried to download mine from windows media player and itunes, but it didn't work

what's the trick and what do you need to do to the coding?
Live and Let Rock
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
3,872 IQ
You can't download mp3s from the profiles.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
A3r0sm1th
UG Newbie
361 IQ
i meant upload one to your profile...sorry
Live and Let Rock
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
3,872 IQ
Go here: http://my.ultimate-guitar.com/main.php?mode=mp3

Click upload new. Read the bit that says "You can't upload copyrighted music. Do not upload music files of other people without their permission."

Read it again.

Then fill in the boxes, click "Browse", find the file on your computer, click OK, click "Upload your song"

If your mp3 file isn't in the right format, use these instructions to get it right:

Open iTunes and go into your preferences. Find the ripping options, and set them to 128kbps bitrate and 44.1kHz sample rate, with mp3 as the output file type. Click OK and find the song in your library, Right click it and choose "convert to mp3". You can now upload it as above.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
A3r0sm1th
UG Newbie
361 IQ
ok i did all of that, thanks

but my only problem is since i uploaded it from my phone, it went into my documents. How do i get it to iTunes so i can get the coding?
Live and Let Rock
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
3,872 IQ
I don't understand...what do you mean by "coding"?

Just go into iTunes, File > Open

Or is that not what you mean?

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
A3r0sm1th
UG Newbie
361 IQ
ex: i have a guns n roses song in my library. when i go to get the song i uploaded, it's not in my library. how do i get it there?
Live and Let Rock
Its_Rock77
Anthony Green Fanboy <3
1,501 IQ
you can't upload a Guns n Roses song first of all. That's copyright infringement.

but to answer your question, every time I go to upload a song, it's right where I saved it ready to be uploaded. I don't know what your problem is.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
divid3d
we fall.
1,109 IQ
you can only upload songs that you have recorded yourself - it can be a cover song, but it has to be YOU playing guitar/singing/whatever, not the original artist.

if it's an mp3 you just go to the page frenchy posted, click browse and find the file in your documents.

you only need to fiddle around with itunes if the file is a format other than mp3.
from daylight...
...into darkness
A3r0sm1th
UG Newbie
361 IQ
I wasn't talking about uploading GnR...i was giving an example
Here's my problem:

I recorded my self playing on my phone, uploaded it to the computer, it's in my documents. How do i get it to appear in my iTunes library so I can convert it to an MP3 format on itunes?

everytime i try to put it in the upload section on this site it says wrong file format. Please private message me
Live and Let Rock
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
3,872 IQ
Open iTunes, click File then click Add File to Library

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
A3r0sm1th
UG Newbie
361 IQ
I've already done that, bit it still doesn't appear in my library. However, when i browse for a song while trying to upload one on this site, it appears, but the format is still incorrect

I think I'm retarted or something, because i've done everything you've told me to do and it's still not working

Is there something basic I'm missing?
Live and Let Rock
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
3,872 IQ
Quote by A3r0sm1th
I've already done that, bit it still doesn't appear in my library. However, when i browse for a song while trying to upload one on this site, it appears, but the format is still incorrect

I think I'm retarted or something, because i've done everything you've told me to do and it's still not working

Is there something basic I'm missing?

iTunes might not recognise that particular file format.

Use a different audio converter, there are 100s of them.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Lemoninfluence
Masculist
1,223 IQ
it would be wise to remove that offer.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
billybusa
DOIN DAT FUNKY DANCE!!
6,593 IQ
Quote by Lemoninfluence
it would be wise to remove that offer.

yeah I didn't think straight, it's removed now :P
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
classicrockboy
I love you cupcake
1,191 IQ
if it's an MP3 file, download Audacity and open it in that. then go down to the bottom and set the bitrate to 128kbps and the sample rate to 44.1kHz export it as .OGG Vorbis. then convert it back to MP3 and upload.
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies