Page 1 of 3
Searched for this but couldnt find a thing...Which guitar shape is best to you? A v shape an explorer or a strat like? Im having a hard time to decide the guitar shape for my next guitar maybe this can help. I like Vs personally but there arent much in my country.
Explorer!
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
SG, Firebird, Mustang

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
The off set, jazz bass body.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
I used to like BC Rich Warlocks... Then i bought one and started hating them. In terms of cool-looking, I'd have to say V's, SG's and some custom-made guitars with absurdly freaky bodies.
Strat shape. Why I play mostly a Les Paul it's for the tone. The shape is pretty good, but too back heavy and lacks upper fret acess. Strats are the most balanced shape IMO.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^ I don't know why people struggle with playing V's sitting down. They're more comfortable to play, for me, than Strats.

The Rhoads V design and the Ibanez RG shapes are my favorite, although the superior playing of the Ibanez S series has forced me to order one. =D
Last edited by Jawshuwa at Sep 1, 2008,
I love unique variations on "normal" shapes. i do have a soft spot for extremes though; my heart comes to a compromise to settle on the reverse explorer shape <3 (the jackson kelly coming in as a close second)
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
As far as pure-playability is concerned (and ignoring things like more mass = bigger tone), then it's easily the good ol' Strat shape. Just so f*cking comfortable and perfect to play. The Strat has never been bettered for comfort, in my opinion. Yeah, there's smaller guitars (Flying V and what have you), but they've always been too far down the "small body" route for me, to the point when they start getting neck heavy, and/or feel impossibly sh*t to rest on your leg whilst sitting down.

Quote by Chikao42
Super-strat shape for me.

What's the difference between a Super-Strat shape and just a Strat-shape? I understand the difference in the actual guitars themselves (pickups, etc), but aren't the shapes pretty much identical? I mean, no Super-Strat is shaped more differently from a normal Fender Strat than a random Strat-copy which isn't allowed to exactly copy Fender's shape, is it? Super-Strats tend to have gay exaggerated horns and what have you, but it's only a tiny difference, surely? Like, I class a Jackson Randy Rhoads and a Gibson Flying V as the same 'shape', even though they're slightly different. To my mind, there are only a few general electric guitar 'bodies/shapes', from which all guitars are derived. In no particular order:

Steinberger (the tiny little headless one)
Telecaster
Stratocaster
SG
Les Paul
Jaguar
ES-355 (semi-hollow)
Flying V
Explorer
Warlock

That's pretty much it. I would count the Jackson Rhoads under 'Flying V', and would just count Ibanez RGs (etc) under Stratocaster, if we're just talking 'shape'.
I love Airline guitars
Also I go crazy over Billy Gibbon's signature Gretsch, but I'm probably never gonna get one of those.

Otherwise, I like Icemans, Explorers, and Mockingbirds.
crazy talking animals
^ this
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
in order from best to worst

V
explorer
firebird
ML
LP
tele
strat
stupid stuff like reverse V

EDIT: SG shape must be in there somewhere, maybe better than LP or directly under im not sure which
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Jackson Kelly FTW!!
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
There are only 2 shapes i really like,

Explorer, and Schecter Avenger
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
telecaster
fender classic 60's reissue telecaster
2008 MIJ paisley telecaster
fender superchamp xd
1978 fender super twin reverb
roland microcube
boss ce-2 chorus(MIJ)
ESP RS, the Jackson Warrior is a bit pointy to me.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Either the ESP EX (pointy!) or the RR from Jackson, i hate all strats and super strat and tele shapes, they are too generic and ugly
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
the ibanez s thin bodies.
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
The most comfortable....

Either PRS Custom or Fender Strat.

I also like Explorer shapes. They just aren't as comfortable as others.
Explorer or superstrat
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus