Page 1 of 2
I'm ignoring all relativity and quantum mechanics.

So everyone knows that light goes at 300,000,000 meters per second right? Well that is a finite speed. As such, logic would dictate that any finite measure can be exceeded. From that premise, one would conclude that in theory, the speed of light could be exceeded, though not just in a straight plane.

So what if something like a wheel could rotate at speeds greater than light? (ignoring drag and friction).
I believe its VERY possible, but not on this planet because of drag, friction and other bollocks. Only in a space with absolutely no atoms or particles, and then, only in a frictionless environment.
yeah i dont really get what that would accomplish
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
If what you said is true, it should be possible to get a rotating speed of over 300,000,000 m/s. But if you're talking about the speed the wheel would have caused by the rotation of the wheel, than you'd be limited by the speed-limit again.

I'm not an expert in this area at all, these are just personal assumptions :P

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Quote by Twisted Magnum

So what if something like a wheel could rotate at speeds greater than light? (ignoring drag and friction).

uhhh no?...

<black hold dragging space along??>
I don't think it is possible. An object with that much energy would gain infinite mass which poses problems. Ripping holes in space-time perhaps being one of them.
haven't you ever studied the Einstein's Relativity Laws ?

such event is not possible

Period
Quote by Twisted Magnum
As such, logic would dictate that any finite measure can be exceeded.

This is where your 'logic' fucked up.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by ItWillDo
If what you said is true, it should be possible to get a rotating speed of over 300,000,000 m/s. But if you're talking about the speed the wheel would have caused by the rotation of the wheel, than you'd be limited by the speed-limit again.

I'm not an expert in this area at all, these are just personal assumptions :P

No, just the actually rotation speed of the wheel.
Quote by Woozye
haven't you ever studied the Einstein's Relativity Laws ?

such event is not possible

Period

Lulz, they're not "laws". They're theory.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
I believe its VERY possible, but not on this planet because of drag, friction and other bollocks. Only in a space with absolutely no atoms or particles, and then, only in a frictionless environment.

where...
did this come from haha
?
Random much? lol

And to answer your question
if a wheel could spin faster than light...
that would be one fast f*ckin wheel lol.
but you would have to be pure energy to travel that fast i think. and if it was possible so would time travel i think.

but i think that light might speed up when its curving around black holes and stuff so maybe there is faster speeds.

i dont know what i am talking about. but basically you are trying to divide by zero.
Quote by Valetar
isn't it 3,000,000? m/s

the speed of light varies depending on what it is traveling through
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by Twisted Magnum

So everyone knows that light goes at 300,000,000 meters per second right?

I did not know this.
I'm not sure whether this means im mentally retarded or that I have a life.

wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Oh come on, you're all being stupid

Darkness moves faster than light, how do you think it gets there so fast once the light's gone?
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by el-ECTRO
I did not know this.

sorry el-ECTRO, it means your stupid

Quote by SuperBlob

Darkness moves faster than light, how do you think it gets there so fast once the light's gone?

lol thats a very good point!!!
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
you could be right
but what would happen to said object/particles/wave as it reached said speed as it passed the speed of light. and would it still be subject to gravity, even the massive gravitational attraction of a black hole
Quote by Twisted Magnum
I'm ignoring all relativity.
Well then that's where you went wrong.
Quote by SuperBlob

:0

Any money that completely sarcastic remark is the answer to the Universe. Seriously.
Quote by Tedward
but i think that light might speed up when its curving around black holes and stuff so maybe there is faster speeds.

Wrong.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Come back after you take a basic course in relativity...

Quote by el-ECTRO
I did not know this.

What does "having a life" mean?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
ummm...ok I'm just 15 and I'm only average in science class (70%) but this is what I think, any SET limit can be exceeded, light is supposedly the fastest traveling 'thing' in the known-to-man-universe, but think about this...Douglas Adams: The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, the infinite probability drive...I know it probably sounds retarded but if you calculate how improbable the likelyhood of something happening then you take the other percentage say a 75% inprobability then a 25% chance of probability, you take the 25% probability and take all of the probable outcomes from that 25% and then once again run probability through it and see which outcome has the highest probability of occuring and then set about that course of action.

All of that PROBABLY seems like a rant full of retarded BS but I'm pretty sure if we could get a powerful enough computer to figure all of said probabilities we could exceed said max. speed of 299 792 458 m / s...

Anyone agree or am I insane?
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Did you know that the speed of light is actually slowing down?

It's a very minute change but it is true. Scientist have no idea why either.

I'll go find where I read that...

and nothing can be as fast, or faster than light.
If anything accelerates up to the speed of light then it gains infinite mass.
And something with infinite mass is unimaginable without proving it with math first/
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Quote by Lasyk
ummm...ok I'm just 15 and I'm only average in science class (70%) but this is what I think, any SET limit can be exceeded, light is supposedly the fastest traveling 'thing' in the known-to-man-universe, but think about this...Douglas Adams: The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, the infinite probability drive...I know it probably sounds retarded but if you calculate how improbable the likelyhood of something happening then you take the other percentage say a 75% inprobability then a 25% chance of probability, you take the 25% probability and take all of the probable outcomes from that 25% and then once again run probability through it and see which outcome has the highest probability of occuring and then set about that course of action.

All of that PROBABLY seems like a rant full of retarded BS but I'm pretty sure if we could get a powerful enough computer to figure all of said probabilities we could exceed said max. speed of 299 792 458 m / s...

Anyone agree or am I insane?

That explains your 70%.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
sorry el-ECTRO, it means your stupid

Lol, damnit
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
everyone know the speed of light is just a speed limit created by aliens to stop humans from ever leaving this part of space, I'm sure their light moves much faster.

/conspiracy theory
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
Quote by darkstar2466
That explains your 70%.

Thank you very much
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
also how can you definitively measure the speed of light if spacetime is not constant wouldn't this make the speed off light an unknown constant sine time cannot be measured consistently as a constant.
Quote by Twisted Magnum

So everyone knows that light goes at 300,000,000 meters per second right? Well that is a finite speed. As such, logic would dictate that any finite measure can be exceeded. From that premise, one would conclude that in theory, the speed of light could be exceeded, though not just in a straight plane.

we wouldn't be able to see it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Quote by gnrliesmanlies
also how can you definitively measure the speed of light if spacetime is not constant wouldn't this make the speed off light an unknown constant sine time cannot be measured consistently as a constant.

Read up on the Michelson and Morley experiment.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Bleeding_me
we wouldn't be able to see it.

It would still be there and going faster
Quote by I.O.T.M
Quote by Lasyk
It would still be there and going faster

yep true
and if we touched it, we would probably lose our hand.. hehe
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Page 1 of 2