i own a jackson with its own floyd rose tremelo, my question is:

are divebombs just a simple push-pull really far on the whammy bar or is there more to it?

my guitar is in D standard, and for reference the song Bed of Razors by Children of Bodom has a divebomb in it near the beginning, i can play the whole damn song except that part

i dont wanna go too heavy on the whammy bar and pop a string so thats why i ask before i try pulling really hard

any tips would be helpful
There are three ways I know of hitting a divebomb... One is to hit the natural harmonic and then have your way with the whammy bar.

The other is the way Dimebag does it... You basically: Pull off on the string to an open note, then drop your whammy, then as you bring your bar back up, hover over the fret wire of the note (only works with natural harmonics, so 3, 4, 5, 7, 12).
It's always best to start at 12, then once you get it, try 7, then 5, then 4, then 3.

The third is Satch's way: Pinch harmonic an open string, play with the whammy bar.

If you understood any of that, xD
well if its a floyd i trust it should be able to take the abuse, how do you think they do it?
Puch that ****er down!! xD
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by LaGrange
well if its a floyd i trust it should be able to take the abuse, how do you think they do it?
Puch that ****er down!! xD

its not going down i worry about, its coming back up

how far is safe to pull up? until i cant pull anymore? because i really dont want a string to hit me in the face when i try this
When I do dive bombs, I just f**k the hell out of my bridge/strings. But don't let the bar fly back up. The tension gets tighter extremely fast (which makes tuning off and/or can break your strings if they are pieces of s**t,) scares the hell out of you, and is really annoying.