Hey guys, I need your help. Can anyone help me how to count the beats per measure to any song that I hear and tell me how many types of note durations I have to know in order to count the song Im learning in great detail please?

Thank you, I came here since Im sure a lot of you guys are familiar with counting the bpm in a song especially if it changes.
Beats per minute.
Count how many beats there are.
Ina minute.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Ok, but I want to know what instrument am I suppose to listen to the beat for and choosing what type of note duration Im suppose to use, and etc. If you guys can give me an example of a song and explain how to count to it I could probably know how to use it with a metronome.
if a drum goes

BUM BUM BUM BUM BUYM BUM BUM

120 times in a minute. THen the bpm is 120.
I will more than likely never return to any thread I post in, so don't bother replying to me.
well if a song is in 4/4 time sig.
Then you can easily tap your foot to 4 notes per measure.
then just count how many beats tehre are in a minute.
Or use a metronome and set it to whatever your tapping your foot at.
or what sxymny777 said
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by swordsman14
Ok, but I want to know what instrument am I suppose to listen to the beat for and choosing what type of note duration Im suppose to use, and etc. If you guys can give me an example of a song and explain how to count to it I could probably know how to use it with a metronome.

If the song has drums, hit the tap button every beat. If you're accurate, you'll be able to get it exactly
Ok so I think I get it but let me give some examples. How would you count to these certain songs if you listen to them and please show how you would count them.

Everlong (Acoustic)- Foo Fighters

Infecting the Crypts- Suffocation

Are you Dead Yet- Children of Bodom

Remedy- Seether
just beat your foot to it, if you ahve any sense of timing, your foot beat should be the beat or fthe song. just count how many times your foot beats during the song.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT