lot of abbreviations there

Electro Harmonix Knockout Attack Equaliser pedal is the subject here.

for those of you who dont know, this little fella is a high pass filter and a low pass filter with a wet/dry blend knob

i've had this for a while and have been using it with great success on my electric guitar board but i thought this deserves a thread here after i tried it out proper at band practise on bass.

im using a MIM jazz and a Marshall MB4210 btw which we're not here to discuss

i was pretty damn happy with my tone previous to this addition but after playing loud for 3 hours with this thing im totally impressed

enought of the waffle

this really smoothens out the tone, makes it much deeper, and punchier, i'd imagine this would work wonders with a P bass, enabling many more tones to be got at.

im playing in a rythm and blues band, it sounds just right. the bass sits much better in the mix now, much more rounded tone.

yea ok that was vague but i did my best

i just thought this was a reletavely unknown little gem which makes for some really distinctive sounds. and for £40 i couldnt say no

so now you know =]

EDIT: forgot to say!

i find it adds bass and treble in a unique way because of the filtering, it doesnt muddy it up, it adds it nice and naturally
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Last edited by stevo_epi_SG_wo at Sep 1, 2008,
yea, hard to explain, erm

makes it sound smoother?

GAH shouldve made clips before i did this
No..it's just...not a word...

Smooths is a word...but not smoothens...just made me chuckle a bit.

Otherwise, the pedal sounds bitchin'. I've always admired EHX
oh you were just being pedantic...i see

i always thought smoothens was a word

like rehydrate

crazeh times
i heard it wasnt

like, you hydrate, then you dehydrate, then if you drink more water you just hydrate again, regardless of previous states of (de)hydration

or so i hear i thought it was retarded anyway

THE PEDAL TALK ABOUT THE PEDAL NOT WORDS THE PEDAL

i think i steered this back on track nice and subtly
I was thinking about getting this a while back. You say you are in a Rhythm and Blues band, but do you think this would work for getting a nice treble-ly sound?
Quote by goest
Smoothens?

Language changes all the time, plenty of online dictionaries cite "smoothens" as a word and 200 years ago double-negatives were considered standard grammar. There's little to no point in being a language purist.

Anyway, I was pretty impressed hearing this pedal with a 6-string running through, I hadn't realised it was a bass pedal.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
sure, the filters are pretty powerful, you can get a nice upper mids/treble boost

^its one of those ambidextrous bass and guitar styley pedals like the big muff or something
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
sure, the filters are pretty powerful, you can get a nice upper mids/treble boost

^its one of those ambidextrous bass and guitar styley pedals like the big muff or something

Apart from the fact the Big Muff murders low end. The Q tron would have been a better example.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1