If some of you remember my posts I still havnt decided.

I asked if I should get a ValveKing or a Vypyr but some people said Bugera's are way better if I can spend $100 more. Well it looks like Bugera's have a really nice metal sound and Im kinda leaning towards one but dont know which one to get. What Bugera amp should I get or should I just stay with the Peavey?
If you want metal then in no way, shape, or form will a Valveking be of any use to you.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
Quote by SharpShoot3r07
What is the difference between http://www.zzounds.com/item--BUG6262212

And

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BUG333212

They are the same price?

The 6262 is pretty much a Peavey 6505. To me it sounds practically the same

The 333 XL is like the Peavey JSX/XXX.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
The 6262 is pretty much a Peavey 6505. To me it sounds practically the same

The 333 XL is like the Peavey JSX/XXX.

That didnt really tell me much?

Also do you have to change tubes in the amps after a long time or not? I dont really know anything about them/
What do you mean didnt tell you much?

6262 is amazing for metal

333xl has more options and channels.

and I'd say change tubes on a Bugera the second you get it from Eurotubes. They'll make it sound like a dream.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by SharpShoot3r07
How do you change the tubes?

Ok to answer your first question
In reality, you don't have to change tubes for almost a year at a time

He merely suggested getting a new tubeset to improve the tone.
There are many guides online for how to change tubes

A Bugera will sound much more awesome compared to a VK. They are versatile and can get nice n heavy. I really like em.
Quote by Infamou$17
If you want metal then in no way, shape, or form will a Valveking be of any use to you.

Well, i've heard the VK do metal so I don't think that is completely accurate. Also, TS - I think you need to spend more time reading and researching and playing amps somewhere. Good luck.
Yeah, the Bugera craps all over the Valveking from what i have played, but as mentioned a tube change is recommended purely for tone. Otherwise, the tubes only need to be changed when they blow, at which point you will know. Tubes should ideally last at least a year of solid playing, but don't be 100% sure about that, keep a good techie on hand just in case. BUt overall, you should have no problems, and the Bugera 6262 is probably your best bet.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by SharpShoot3r07
How do you change the tubes?

If the amp is cathode bias, you just swap, if they're fixed bias and you don't know how to bias, then you bring it to a tech.
The 6262 is pretty much a Peavey 6505. those have a lot of metal distortion.

I'm getting a 12" Peavey vypyr transtube...no tubes to change...efx built in.
So I made my decision its one of the two Bugera's I linked but which one is better because they are the same price?
It's personal preference.
Try both!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
my local guitar center doesnt have it =(

I wont be getting this amp till October till I have money but will there be something out in October that will be better?

And is zzounds a good website to buy off of because musiciansfriend doesnt have bugera for some reason.
Last edited by SharpShoot3r07 at Sep 2, 2008,
The 333 will be a better overall amp. I'd go for that. It can do anything.

The 6262 is more geared towards ONLY metal. it will do metal slightly better than the 333.
Quote by SharpShoot3r07
Where do you plug in headphones on the back? And also waht does the Pulse, Dampning, Impedance and Loudspeaker do? http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/brand,zzounds/333_212_REAR-6bebef2a2f8a6d9dd7a743213244c926.jpg

The loud speaker jacks are where you plug the speakers, impedance is where you set the amp to match the impedance of the speaker/speaker cabinet you're hooking up. I have no idea what the pulse and dampening do. Some amps give you flexibility in choosing between class A, A/B, rectifier options, etc.

Please don't tell me you plan on buying to to play through a set of headphones...
Quote by SharpShoot3r07
Where do you plug in headphones on the back? And also waht does the Pulse, Dampning, Impedance and Loudspeaker do? http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/brand,zzounds/333_212_REAR-6bebef2a2f8a6d9dd7a743213244c926.jpg

99% of all tube amps do not have headphone jacks due Impedance issues. So if your looking for a headphone amp I would suggest something like a Line 6 Pod or computer setup.
Its fine if it doesnt have a headphone jack I just like to have it to play through when my parents are sleeping.
Quote by al112987
If the amp is cathode bias, you just swap, if they're fixed bias and you don't know how to bias, then you bring it to a tech.

How do I found out if its cathode or fixed bias?
Quote by XPestilenceX
Lol my VK can own any Bugera with the mods and equipment I've done/put in it.
+ Sound processors make ****ty amps sound godly.

Key phrase.. After mods...
Ok I heard that the bugera's are not good bewroom amps because they are not good at lower volumes. Is this true? I cant say I play quiet but I dont play loud so its in between.
Quote by SharpShoot3r07
Ok I heard that the bugera's are not good bewroom amps because they are not good at lower volumes. Is this true? I cant say I play quiet but I dont play loud so its in between.

its all opinion. But some people like the sound of a PUSHED tube amp rather than it at 1.

by PUSHED i mean it turned up.

But like I said it opinion....the only way to know what you like is to try out the amps for yourself.

Personally I'm not a fan of Bugera.
Well, the Bugera is not meant for bedroom rockers. It's a stage/ studio amp through and through.

The sound really blooms as the volume approaches 6 and above
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Infamou$17

Uh oh, IF it isn't good for metal then what is it good for? Certainly not blues or classic rock. Isn't it good for something?
which vypyr? they are comin out with a tube mode in a few months
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by nomadh
Uh oh, IF it isn't good for metal then what is it good for? Certainly not blues or classic rock. Isn't it good for something?

the 112 for example is a cheap all tube amp that is versatile but not great at any one thing. I've heard plenty of clips of VKs doing blues, classic rock and metal.

The vk tries to do everything really cheaply and accomplishes little to nothing.

Comparitivily, the 333xl from bugera does everything very well.
And the 6262 does one thing, high gain metal, well. Its cleans are ok too, can't have constant gain.