Took alot of pain and wasted money buying the wrong stuff but I LOVE the end result. My first time painting anything, Thanks UG for helping me in the other thread(it's been a month!)

I repainted my RG120 guitar to black with blue mid stripes, to mimic Guitar Wolf's Japanese Epiphone SG signature series. Didn't go through all the way, I had to make one big blue stripe instead of the accent stripes.

First, sanding down to base.

Then, I add tape to all the screws/cavities/etc. Ready for paint!

After painting it with enamel paint, I realized I COMPLETELY ****ed it up. Here's how ugly it looked. I had to sand it off and start over, this time applying Lacquer.

So after sanding it off AGAIN(pain in the ass for enamel!), I apply the first few coats of Lacquer, which looks fantastic!

..And the Final coats of paint is applied.

Then I painted on the middle stripe, and the two accent stripes. Final result:

Turns out Scotch Blue painters tape doesnt work with lacquer, lol. I had so much **** on it, i had to sand it off. I repainted the black, and used a TINY amount of masking tape to hold some cardboard so I can paint the stripe. Looks ALOT better now

My guitar has a face..

~Then I layed down many many coats of clear, unfortunately got a few runs in the clear.

8.30.08(one month later, after the lacquer for the clear coat cured)

Finished! I let the clear lacquer stay on for a month, then I buffed it with rubbing compound, and it looks alot better with some of the runs not as noticeable.

The flash made the first picture not as good as it looks in person.

Special thanks to Ippon for answering alot of my questions. Tell me what you think
Last edited by injected at Sep 1, 2008,
That looks sick man.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Looks nice, how much money did you spend on repainting? =p
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
nice job man it looks sick. im thinkin about repainting my RG camo. was it really hard to do all that or was it ok?
Quote by campbell92
Do you actually dance after each post you make?

...that would be so badass.

!!PanterA!!

Memeber #7 of the Altar Of Slayer!!
All in all I spent close to $60

But that's because I bought things I didn't need, and wrong items etc. If I decide to do this again I know exactly what to get. Trial and error is not nice to my wallet =/'

Without making mistakes with purchases, I would have spent a little under $35.

Quote by blasphemus666
nice job man it looks sick. im thinkin about repainting my RG camo. was it really hard to do all that or was it ok?

It was hard and confusing because it was my first time. If I want to do it again i'll know what to do, and it isn't hard AT ALL. Just time consuming. I don't know about camo paint though, that seems a little more challenging.
Upon a second look, that enamel paint looks pretty sweet..
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
I burst out laughing when I saw the enamel pic, I did the exact same thing with my strat and it looked just as terrible.. Looks sweet but bro, lovin' it.

^ There are 4 strings on
HI
Quote by injected
..And the Final coats of paint is applied.

p0rn

Special thanks to Ippon for answering alot of my questions. Tell me what you think

Quote by blasphemus666

Camo?

Hey injected I knew you could do it! Great job it looks professional man!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by blasphemus666

i just got done building my kids lefty rg,i'm doing it camo.it looks sick.
i'll post the build when i finish it .
I've been thinking about doing something like that, that looks awesome.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker