Mark Tremonti of Creed/AlterBridge
Dimebag Darrell of Pantera/Damageplan
Zakk Wylde of BlacklabelSociety/OzzyOusbourneBand
John Petrucci of Dream Theater
Michael Romeo of Symphony X
Steve Vai
Yngwie Malmsteen
Joe Satriani

i only know Major scales and its Modes(Aeolian, Ionanian, Phrygian ETC.)
and Minor Pentatonics in its patterns in the fretboard
plus the whole Blues Scale/Blues Box scale
and Harmonic Minor scale with Jewsih Scale and Romanian Scale(the Jewish and Romanian sounds like a part/a mode of the Harmonic Minor scale)
and i know Byzantine Scale in C
and Hungarian Minor or the Gypsy Scale in C and E

i can move the Patterns of all scales i mentioned in the fretboard anywhere, maybe not so fast on the exotic ones.

what guitar scales should i now learn then???? i listen mostly nowdays to the above mentioned guitarists music stuff. what scales do they frequently use in their killer solos???

thanks
Quote by crossface
Kirk Hammett of Metallica
Mark Tremonti of Creed/AlterBridge
Dimebag Darrell of Pantera/Damageplan
Zakk Wylde of BlacklabelSociety/OzzyOusbourneBand
John Petrucci of Dream Theater
Michael Romeo of Symphony X
Steve Vai
Yngwie Malmsteen
Joe Satriani

i only know Major scales and its Modes(Aeolian, Ionanian, Phrygian ETC.)
and Minor Pentatonics in its patterns in the fretboard
plus the whole Blues Scale/Blues Box scale
and Harmonic Minor scale with Jewsih Scale and Romanian Scale(the Jewish and Romanian sounds like a part/a mode of the Harmonic Minor scale)
and i know Byzantine Scale in C
and Hungarian Minor or the Gypsy Scale in C and E

i can move the Patterns of all scales i mentioned in the fretboard anywhere, maybe not so fast on the exotic ones.

what guitar scales should i now learn then???? i listen mostly nowdays to the above mentioned guitarists music stuff. what scales do they frequently use in their killer solos???

thanks

try diminished and whole tone, those sound pretty 'metal'.

also, Vai uses Lydian a lot as the "root scale" of some of his pieces. in other words, he doesn't relate it back to the parent (major scale), he actually writes the piece in Lydian. If that is confusing, just think of it as he wrote the song in the regular Major scale, but with a #4.
you also don't list any real "jazz" guitarist, but give melodic minor a try, it's nice.

but to be honest, if you really do know all those scales you listed, you should be set for a while...
thanks, i listen mostly to metal but i limit my playing in E tuning so i dont go downtune to C,B, E, or what other tuning most guitar players use.

im gonna listen to classical stuff now. what classical pieces should i learn????
i only know Canon in D by pachelbel. what are some others????
Quote by crossface
thanks, i listen mostly to metal but i limit my playing in E tuning so i dont go downtune to C,B, E, or what other tuning most guitar players use.

im gonna listen to classical stuff now. what classical pieces should i learn????
i only know Canon in D by pachelbel. what are some others????

If you want me to make a list of classical pieces, I'm gonna need some time to look through my stuff to see what would be good. I don't know how fast you are or how good your technique is, but, despite what a lot of people say, the work of Yngwie Malmsteen is great for looking at 'classically influenced' guitar pieces.