Can you plug in an amp head into a home stereo system and get a good result?

I've got a pair of Cerwin Vegas and I figure if I can why not. I've bin playing a couple months and I'm using a little Line6 for now. I could get back tracks and everything going though it at the same time. Hell, with one cable I could throw my computer in there too!

So, will stereo speakers couple well with a guitar?
Technically, there's no reason you can't.

Whether the results would be desirable or not... that's probably a different story.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Yeah, I'm not really sure if it would work or not. Well, would work, but would it work well.

Anybody ever tried this?
no you can't without blowing the head.

i mean, how are you going to match up ohms and plug it all in?

im guessing if you could match it, the speakers will get over worked anyway.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It's a stereo amp ... dont use it for guitar but....

Lmao

Bad idea man, the raw guitar signal could damage the speakers
Yeah, I guess amp, to amp, to speakers would be bad. Hmm, maybe I could wire the amp directly to the speakers... lol

The speakers are rated for 8ohms or under. What are most guitar amps.. 8-16ohms right?
I have plugged the headphone output of a preamp into a set of MP3 speakers when I was far from my amp. But home stereo speakers can have some weird ohms if you are talking hooking the speakers to the output of your head unit. If its a tube head its a good way to ruin the amp if there is a problem.
If the amp has a line out or a headphone out you might be able to split it to a red and white rca cable and hook it up the stereo. I don't think this will sound good though.

Edit: I just did this my my micro crush and it didn't sound too bad, a little better than the micro crush's 4 inch speaker.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Sep 1, 2008,