I have recorded tons of amateur songs with primitive recording gear. I want to record directly into my pc. I have a Line-6 Spider III 150W combo, and it has a direct PC line, but I don't have the counterpart on my laptop, nor do I have the proper cable. What item do I need to buy in order to convert? it to USB so I can directly plug the amp into my laptop?? I also am wondering if it would sound good to use this same setup with a microphone hooked up to the amp to use for laying down vocals.
Ibanez Custom RG 120
Epiphone Custom SG Special
Line-6 Spider III 150 Combo
Marshall MG

Quote by Paul Gilbert
"Who cares what your fingers are doing? As long as it sounds cool!"

My Website

Jon Blake Music
Last edited by redSG at Sep 1, 2008,
You can run direct from that line out to your computer's line in port (usually blue) however it would be best to get an interface.

See UG Recording Video #1 linked in my sig on those.

Basically you need an instrument in on your interface and a TRS - TRS cable in 1/4"
Most interfaces today come with a Preamp and XLR input for mics. I suggest an interface setup if you want to work with vocals.

First see how running to your line in port works, sometimes it works fairly well for idea type recording.