Ok so i just got the EMGs taken out of my schecter and dimarzios put in, i got the local shop to do it because i really didnt want to screw it up and i haven't messed with that kinda stuff before. After an annoying amount of time and an annoying amount of money i got it back, and i really like the tones i can get.

The thing is that i was told the pots needed to be replaced for the dimarzios, and they took out the 25k ones and put in 500ks'. I assume they did something wrong, because whenever i'm not playing anything with my amp on the distortion channel, there is a buzzing that amplifies if i mute the strings with my hand. Now i normally would pay no heed to this because i know some buzzing is normal in solidstate amplifiers (although i had none with the EMGs), however if i lightly touch any of the three guitar knobs (volume/volume/tone) the buzzing stops completely. Does anybody have any idea whats gone wrong would i be able to solve this problem myself? i have a soldering iron and would be willing to try if i knew what to do and how.

please help
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
sounds like a grounding problem possibly but if i were you id take it back out of principle even if you think you can fix it. you paid good money and you should expect good quality work and im sure if you take it back theyll fix it up for you free if they want any more buisness from you.
Just wondering, how much were you charged for the replace?

As for the guitar, take it back to the guy who swapped them for you, tell him the problem and ask could he check it for free.
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
sounds like a grounding problem possibly but if i were you id take it back out of principle even if you think you can fix it. you paid good money and you should expect good quality work and im sure if you take it back theyll fix it up for you free if they want any more buisness from you.

Yeah i was thinking that, but it took agesss for them to put the pickups in, and i don't want to wait ages for them to sort out a possibly easy to fix problem.

Quote by darrenjables
Just wondering, how much were you charged for the replace?

As for the guitar, take it back to the guy who swapped them for you, tell him the problem and ask could he check it for free.

£20 deposit,
then £45 on top of that when all was done. However, that included new pots and wiring.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Last edited by dark_gilbert at Sep 1, 2008,
Thanks for that. Hope you get it fixed, shame to waste such a guitar.

EDIT: It COULD be the pick ups, try out another Schecter of the same state see if it happens.
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band