I recently bought a dunlop crybaby classic and it doesn't seem to sound right when I go up and down when I play. Is there any techniques that would make using wah better? When I have it down it sounds bassy and when its up it sounds just a little bit lighter than what is was at before.
Thanks
you have to step down on it hard and it should click and deactivate
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

make sure you have your wah before your distortion pedals too, that could be the problem.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

try moving your foot more rapidly. you have to practice to see what kind of licks and patterns the wah sounds good on. try learning a song that has wah in it and replicating that sounds
Not my band, but something you should definitely listen to:
Toast Machine
the wah can be limited in my opinion so you really need to look at the guitar as much if not more than the wah.
I know how to turn it on. And also I am using a distortian effect on my amp do you think that could be a reason as to why it might not sound as good? And if I got a distortian pedal would I have to have it on clean or would I put it on the distortian effect and then use the pedal?
The wah usually should be the first in the chain of effects. In other words, the lead from your guitar goes into the wah first. To achieve the "wah" effect, you have to rock the pedal forwards and backwards while playing.