it was a piece of crap yamaha but still it was my first guitar and yet i feel no sorrow. i had it leaning against a wall in my room and it tipped over and the headstock just busted off. now i have no acoustic guitar. what should i do? (and dont say commit suicide cause most likely ill muck that up too)
Nothing a bit of woodglue can't fix!

Here's a novel idea, might sound like I'm being sarcastic but how about buying another guitar?
duct tape ftw!
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
It's definitely fixeable. It probably isnt worth fixing though. a new guitar sounds like a good idea, lol.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
alright, new guitar, good plan. now all i need is the money. is it even worth it to buy a guitar under $100? or are they all pretty crappy? cause if i get a new one its gonna be cheap. oh heres a question, how much do you think guitar center would give me for a 30w Spider 3 amp? its in as good of condition as amps get.
Quote by PrimalScreamer
alright, new guitar, good plan. now all i need is the money. is it even worth it to buy a guitar under $100? or are they all pretty crappy? cause if i get a new one its gonna be cheap. oh heres a question, how much do you think guitar center would give me for a 30w Spider 3 amp? its in as good of condition as amps get.

its not worth buying n acoustic for under $100. Around $250 is where they're worth buying.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by PrimalScreamer

Yeah, you'll probably have to pay them to take it.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
Quote by adamrandall
Yeah, you'll probably have to pay them to take it.

seriously? i though guitar center bought amps.

and alright i guess ill try and get $250 or so.
Quote by PrimalScreamer

If you lean your guitar up against the wall so they fall over and the headstocks get knocked off then yes it probably is worth it to spend under $100

You get what you pay for and that will be an el cheapo beginners/practice guitar, the only thing that will vary is the shape/colour.

Here's two from another thread from someone looking for a guitar in the same range.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-RA100D-Dreadnought-Guitar?sku=511192

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jasmine-by-Takamine-S35-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=516451
But a new guitar. Patch up the old one as best you can to make it presentable, then nail it to the wall as an art object, and also an ever present reminder of what NOT to do in the future.
I Founhd my guitar at a garage sale for 20$ and it sounds better then my friends takamine

i should've asked for 10$

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

alright guys i got a new guitar, dont ask how, but i got one. its an Epiphone AJ200E.

here it is on musicians friend:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/reviews?base_pid=518431&page=1&sc=date&so=desc&src=3SOSWXXA

i got it from a local Guitar center for $180 plus the 2 year replacement warranty. Whaddaya guys think?

EDIT:

Quote by LeftyDave
But a new guitar. Patch up the old one as best you can to make it presentable, then nail it to the wall as an art object, and also an ever present reminder of what NOT to do in the future.

lol im honestly thinking of doing that. or at least keeping it.
Last edited by PrimalScreamer at Sep 1, 2008,
Wow awesome new guitar. And I would give consideration to fixing up your old one and selling it. you may make some good money on ebay
Quote by Jackolas
edgespear, driving great ideas again. Sir, you pwn.

Gear:
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul, PRS SE Floyd Custom 24 Floyd Amethyst
Amp: Peavey 6505, Eleven Rack
lol ima be takin care of this one likes its my baby. but i have a question. the bridge pegs on the guitar are set in REALLY deep so i was wondering whats the best way to get them out without hurting the guitar or pegs once i need to change strings?
Quote by PrimalScreamer
lol ima be takin care of this one likes its my baby. but i have a question. the bridge pegs on the guitar are set in REALLY deep so i was wondering whats the best way to get them out without hurting the guitar or pegs once i need to change strings?

String winders have peg pullers on them
"Music is the only thing that makes sense anymore man, play it loud enough it keeps the demons at bay." - Jojo from ATU
Currently Own:
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey VYPYR 15.
Mitchell Acoustic M0100
Johnson Acoustic JG 100