As the title says how are Bugera amps, especially the 6262 and 333XL models. Never heard of them before and I was wondering how they stack up to other amps around their price range such as: Peavey Valveking, B-52 AT and ST series, Spider Valves, Vox, Crate, etc.
I personally think they are better than all those amps. The 333 XL is supposed to be like a JSX, and the 6262 is like a 6505 with better cleans in my opinion. I have the 6260, and I think it sounds great.
I own one and think they are great. You can get pretty decent gain out of it at really low volumes which is a def plus for me. Of course you really need to open it up in order for it to sound the best, but I may have to invest in a tubescreamer to tighten it up slightly for low volumes. I've got a patch cord running from the send/return FX loop and it provides a great boost for solos and such. All around I think it was more than worth it.
Quote by thetoastinator
I personally think they are better than all those amps. The 333 XL is supposed to be like a JSX, and the 6262 is like a 6505 with better cleans in my opinion. I have the 6260, and I think it sounds great.

how would you say the 6262 compares to, say, a mesa triple rectifier? I'm looking for a very versatile tube amp that can play metal primarily, ranging from death and black to prog to metalcore to thrash, and also blues, jazz, and all shades of rock. is the bugera capable of this?
I have the 333XL half-stack and so far it's been nothing but amazing, especially for how much I paid for it.
The 333xl would be better suited to what you are playing than the 6262.
The 6262 is a little better voiced for mostly metal.

The 333xl has more gain than you need and can also do lower gain rock fine.

Bugeras draw fire becuase they are new and relitivaly unable to be tested as far as reliability goes, but they are handbuilt and only DISTRIBUTED (not MADE) by berhinger.

IMHO they are amazing sounding amps that are highly underrated.
Get the 333xl
Quote by Highwaytohell

Get the 333xl
This. As I alluded to earlier, it's my humble opinion that the Bugera line of amps is one of the best you can possibly get in it's price range.
Quote by Highwaytohell
The 333xl would be better suited to what you are playing than the 6262.
The 6262 is a little better voiced for mostly metal.

The 333xl has more gain than you need and can also do lower gain rock fine.

Bugeras draw fire becuase they are new and relitivaly unable to be tested as far as reliability goes, but they are handbuilt and only DISTRIBUTED (not MADE) by berhinger.

IMHO they are amazing sounding amps that are highly underrated.
Get the 333xl

How about harmonics/sustain? These just sound too good to be true, lol. Are there any downsides? Also, doesn't the 6262 have the same tubes as a Triple Rec?
So what about the tubes? Do the EL34s in the 333XL give as good of a low end as the 6L6s in the 6260 or should I get the 333XL and switch tubes? I want a Metallica/Megadeth distortion that can do DT tones too. So that would also mean that I would need V30s in it too or can the factory Bugeras do it just as well?