Okay guys, I know I’ve been absent from UG for a while now, been busy with work and suff, but I’m back. Hopefully for good. (Not evil…. LOL….)
Anyway, I’m running a bit low on cash, seeing as I work in hospitality, so I need to sell some gear. At the moment I’ve got my custom built Stephocastor, an Ibanez Artcore and an Electa LP. Also, My room is way over crowded, with drum kit, amps, other guitars (2 acoustics, ill prob sell them) xbox, etc. Oh and a BMX im trying to fix. Really messy in there at the moment. J
Obviously the strat is staying ( I love it so hard!), so I’m going to mod the other two and then get you guys to vote on which one I should keep and which one I should Sell.
I’ve ordered various bits and bobs from GF and I’m well excited to see the out come.
So here’s the plan.:

Artcore:
http://photo.xanga.com/photoproperty.aspx?pic=209232594

New PUPS: GFS Filtertron Style - Nashville set.
New switch.
Was gonna redo the knobs but only ordered two not four. Dammit!
Possible Refinish- Black, maybe with Hot Rod stenciling in red and yellow.

LP:

http://photo.xanga.com/photoproperty.aspx?pic=209231883

PUPS: GFS- Alnico Fat Pat Boutique set.
New Tuners: Grover style
New Bridge: Wilkinson wrap around and new tailpiece. To make it Purdy-like.

Yeah so that’s my dilemma at the moment. I love them both. The problem is I really want the rockabilly tone of a semi, but I also want the whole Slash/ Jimmy page vibe, with tone that sustains for ages….

LP- Too freakin heavy for me, but beautiful tone, esp considering it’s an asian copy. Reason im changing pups is cos I want a dirtier sound, more treble. The stock pups are pretty muddy, and considering my strat is a realllllly clear clean guitar it’s a pain to readjust my amps and effects every time I switch guitars. Oh also the tuner for the A snapped clean off. Grr.

Artcore: love it, great to play but I’m a little bit over it, especially as the tone is very bland,very generic. When cranked it’s a great rock n roll guitar, but I want it to be able to do some nice clean tones. Other wise its just dead weight.

Okay so, here’s where you guys come in:

Vote 1: Should I refinish the Artcore?

And When I’m done:
Vote2: Which Should I sell?
Vote 3: Should I sell both and build a tele?

YAY!

yeah so parts arrived today, yay! Um only problem is i bought the wrong freaking bridge because apparently i'm retarded and can.t read properly!

So problem: how do i fit this Wilkinson Wrap Around to a Lespaul? Will it mess up the scale? Pics soon

Over and out, steph
Blackstar HT 5
George Dennis Spitfire 2x10
LTD GL 200M
Agile Ghost III
Warmoth SSS Tele with Floyd Rose
Ibanez Artcore AM73
I <3 Arcade Fire, Rainbow, Dungen, Muse, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, Kate Bush etc.
ROCK OPERA!!
UG Rock Opera tracks
Last edited by Steph Bets at Sep 1, 2008,
Refinish whatever you want, but in the end, sell em' both and build a tele.
Quote by Rengori
It's not like the mods ever get mad at you for going around fucking swear filter.
yeah i'm not sure yet. it'll depend on the out come.
but still, need some help with that bridge issue...
pics in a few mins, on dialup here so upload is takin forevs.
Blackstar HT 5
LTD GL 200M
Agile Ghost III
Ibanez Artcore AM73
I <3 Arcade Fire, Rainbow, Dungen, Muse, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, Kate Bush etc.
ROCK OPERA!!
UG Rock Opera tracks
look i might take you up on that offer but i want to refinish it because that'll help my decision.
im not going to decide until theyre finished.
Blackstar HT 5
LTD GL 200M
Agile Ghost III
Ibanez Artcore AM73
ROCK OPERA!!
UG Rock Opera tracks
refinishing a hollowbody (the artcore i presume is one) is a real real pain in the butt. the whole veneer/bracing inside kind of sucks, cant use a power sander or anything or it will likely vibrate the braces loose, sand the wrong way and your veneer shows through to the plys. its also a pain int he butt to refinish a set neck in the first place because you really cannot pick an easy way to spray it from since it is a whole guitar and not just a body/neck on its own. it sucks trying to keep stuff out of the F-holes as well.

and with your new wrap around bridge, it will leave two holes in the top of your les paul where the old stop-bridge went. wont mess up scale length (it shouldnt anyways).