I was looking under the four string basses at musiciansfriend and i came across the b.c. rich mockingbird bass. Looked really really cool and got great reviews from the public. Ive personally never played one because i cant find a store that has one in stock. What are your opinions of this bass. Ex. Playability, action, neck dive or no, so on and so forth. thanks a bunch.
Pretty good, actually. I played one at a Guitar Center not too long ago and I was pleased with it. Although, it didn't please me enough to buy it...that *****.
Apart from most other BC Rich Basses, that one is quite good. The tone is good, although I would replace the pickups ASAP. It has a lot of potential. Action can be adjusted, that doesn't matter. On the neck dive end of things, it's not too bad. Not perfect, but not bad at all. I have no interest in owning one soon, but I'll never turn down a chance to play one. I say get it
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I liked it. really comfortable to play.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by killboypowerhed
go fender dude. they are the best

That wasn't relevant.. at all. He's asking about the mockingbird, so could you at least explain what makes a fender "better" than the bass about which he's asking? "Better" is subjective, at least back it up.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by killboypowerhed
go fender dude. they are the best

I already own a fender. so no need to debate over it
You know, whenever I tried out my old guitarist's Mockingbird guitar, I reliazed I liked it a lot more than other B.C. Rich guitars I'd played. I've actually never tried a B.C. Rich bass, but I can believe the same being true there.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Mockingbird is better than most other BC Rich, but I would not buy one because I dislike the bizarre lower horn on it, and the tones I have heard from them aren't enough to overpower what, to me anyway, is terribly ugly.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
aw i think they look amazing, definitely more tasteful than other bc rich anything at any rate
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Quote by mosh_face
aw i think they look amazing, definitely more tasteful than other bc rich anything at any rate

that is true. if I had to play BC Rich, I would play a mocking bird.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom